Thinking of getting a new fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55 g reef tank and I am thinking about getting a new fish but don't know what to get anyone have any ideas

Oh so you don't have a lot yet. Wrasses are my favorite type of fish, so that would be awesome in your tank. Also, the midas blenny has lots of personality/movement or a firefish.

I have heard that wrasses are not good in reef tanks is that true.

I have heard that wrasses are not good in reef tanks is that true.

All fairy wrasses are reef safe and are the majority of the options that can go in a 55. There are other cool reef safe wrasses that aren't fairy wrasses.

I read an article from tfh magazine stating that they are coldwater fish and live in waters near Alaska and California.

The ones they're selling are from Mexico apparently. Maybe they can live in both types of environment.

Sand sifting gobies are cool, tangs are nice as well, and I love Catalina gobies and pajama cardinals

Get this kind of wrasse :) look at the pic

Attachments

• image-1463281749.jpg
    image-1463281749.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 88
One of my favorite reef fish is the indigo dottyback. It is a hybrid between the orchid and striped dottyback, giving it a light blue hue with a stripe down the side. Beautiful fish.

I have one of these as well. I lucked out because mine is the deepest indigo I've ever seen. Very beautiful.

And Bluespot Jawfish are not cold water by any means.

From what I've seen with my indigo, it gets bluer with either age or health.

As for the blue spot jawfish, they are a cooler water fish not cold. My reef runs at around 79-80 degrees where the blue spot likes 72-78. Minor difference, but would take some adjusting to warmer conditions. The Catalina goby is similar if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom