thinking of going biocbue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Coralife Size 32 LED BioCube Aquarium - Marineandreef.com

anyone have experience in this area? It seems to be the best option for the space we have. Everything is contained and sealed which is great since its under our TV.
My only concern is the light and if it will actually sustain corals. Im mainly all soft corals and really dont have a desire to get into crazy pricey hard ones.

Thanks

If you are doing a plug n play, go with a RedSea. You won't regret spending a little more to begin with.

If you are doing a plug n play, go with a RedSea. You won't regret spending a little more to begin with.

the problem with redsea is most of the stuff is in the supplied stand. I need a more compact setup than a full sized stand.

I have the same problem. I want a tiny one. The Fluval Sea Evo has caught my eye. But I can't say much about it since I've never owned one. I bout the AQUATOP 24 gallon setup. The stand is 18"•18" like the tank is. It's a really nice setup.

It's pricier than the Biocube though. But you'll be really limited as to what you can put in it under that light though. Everything in the biocube is going to be cheaper in quality. They do have their place though. Lots of people use them. I just didn't like the hood is why I didnt buy one. I don't want to have to worry about modifying something if I want to change the lighting on it. But Oceanic does make a metal halide 250 watt fixture for their tanks. It's $300 but you'll grow coral like any other under it.

Back
Top Bottom