Thinking of jumping into the reef...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
All the aqualifter will do is suck the air out of the top of the U tube. That way even if the siphon is broke by a power outtage, when it comes back on the aqualifter will start the siphon back up.

Nvm I figured it out... It was a dumb question after I thought about it...

I finally got the BF to agree with getting a new tank. We saw one at out lfs for $800 for a 116 gallin tank. I'm not sure if this is a good price for it but I haven't seen one like it. It has a built overflow already set up and it has a beautiful canopy that I like. It's cubed and brand new. Not sure if the PVC pipes are included or the sump. I'm really close to buying it instead of going with converting my 60 gallon. I already bought a t5 fixture for my 48" tank and the overflow so it's kind of sucks that I'd have to get rid of this stuff and then start fresh with a new tank. What are your guys thoughts? I'd love a new tank. Not thrilled about starting fresh but does it sound like a reasonable price? Ugh... I can't decide. :/

I finally got the BF to agree with getting a new tank. We saw one at out lfs for $800 for a 116 gallin tank. I'm not sure if this is a good price for it but I haven't seen one like it. It has a built overflow already set up and it has a beautiful canopy that I like. It's cubed and brand new. Not sure if the PVC pipes are included or the sump. I'm really close to buying it instead of going with converting my 60 gallon. I already bought a t5 fixture for my 48" tank and the overflow so it's kind of sucks that I'd have to get rid of this stuff and then start fresh with a new tank. What are your guys thoughts? I'd love a new tank. Not thrilled about starting fresh but does it sound like a reasonable price? Ugh... I can't decide. :/

It sounds reasonable to me. I paid $800 for my stand and 55g, but that's cuz it a corner tank and "specialty shape". I saw a 125g at one of my LFS that didn't have a canopy or the overflow, just stand, tank and a T8 light for $800. So at least where I live, that sounds reasonable for that size and what you're getting.

Sounds good and post your old equipment for sale tank as well like they say bigger the better with tanks price sounds good look online see if there any sites that has same style shape they might want more plus shipping cost good luck on your decision

Yeah I have quite a bit of equipment. Canister filter, HOB filter, UV light, stand, aquarium, T5 light... I bought an ehops overflow box.... And It's all in great working condition. Hmmm... Now this makes me want to go get the new tank and start all over. Thanks for your input!!! :) sounds reasonable and like a deal. My eyes lit up like Christmas when I seen this tank. Now I just have to save. :/ especially for my live rock.

Yeah I have quite a bit of equipment. Canister filter, HOB filter, UV light, stand, aquarium, T5 light... I bought an ehops overflow box.... And It's all in great working condition. Hmmm... Now this makes me want to go get the new tank and start all over. Thanks for your input!!! :) sounds reasonable and like a deal. My eyes lit up like Christmas when I seen this tank. Now I just have to save. :/ especially for my live rock.

Yeah, that's gonna take a lot of LR if you don't already have any. :( I've heard that the rock from BRS is good, can get 50# box for about $130. Too bad cause lat week they had it on sale for $100 for 50#. :( It's dry rock, then you could seed it with a little bit of LR. That'll cut the cost a lot. Cuz LR rock around here that's from the tanks at LFS is about $8-10/lb. :/

Marcorocks.com will do 100# for 215$ for base rock. And don't forget to shop Craigslist for used tanks. I missed one this past summer that was a 180 plus stand for 350$

Yeah I saw the 50# for $99.00 I was getting ready to buy a box along with a refractor meter and I got side tracked with other deals and forgot all about it. :/ so angry with myself over that.

Hey guys!!! A few questions for you. I went out to petco on a whim and picked up a nice 20 gallon tank for a sump on my 60. I can't fit a 30 on my base so I was thinking of somehow redoing my stand in order for it to fit. Anyway... It's one step closer to getting my sw tank set up.

My question... I found out my tank can be drilled! Hurray! :) so now I'm set for drilling my 60 and the 20. Does anyone know where I could have this done? I'd love to do it myself but I'm not handy as much as I'd like to be. Is there any suggestions?

What size hole should I drill in it? Type of sealant? Through the wall seal? Or what do I need to go about it or any recommendations on how to go about it?

Back
Top Bottom