Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Yep if you check out the link I posted that is the one. Not sure what the DX stands for....

Also its a good idea to put a ball valve in your return line so you can regulate your flow if you want and when you do a WC and turn everything off it will backflow down your return so if you can shut that off its also helpful.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just an FYI, BRS has that overflow with the aqualifter for $112. And if you sign up for the group buy that starts next week, you might be able to get additional % off if that too.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
Just an FYI, BRS has that overflow with the aqualifter for $112. And if you sign up for the group buy that starts next week, you might be able to get additional % off if that too.
What is BRS?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8z2luze
Yep if you check out the link I posted that is the one. Not sure what the DX stands for....

Also its a good idea to put a ball valve in your return line so you can regulate your flow if you want and when you do a WC and turn everything off it will backflow down your return so if you can shut that off its also helpful.
Thank you! I was planning on a valve incase something goes wrong I can just close the valves. can never have too much security.

A few months ago I kept putting off my water change... At the time water was evaporating quite a bit. I woke up one morning to find my filter spewing water all over my living room carpet. After picking most of the water with my carpet cleaner I had to call a professional to spray underneath the carpet for mold and pick up any left over water. I smelled fish for a few days. It was gross. I'm trying to avoid that from ever happening again.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishJoey View Post
What is BRS?

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I'm still new... Hahaha... Thanks for the link!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

"DX" means it includes the Aqualifter pump. (I did a little looking. LOL)
Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutrag View Post
"DX" means it includes the Aqualifter pump. (I did a little looking. LOL)

Oh ok. Good to know for future reference haha.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishJoey

What is BRS?
Yeah, it's Bulkreefsupply.com. There's a group buy starts the 20th-26th. If you have several things to buy, it's good. If you want to join in the group buy, look under "community announcements", there's a thread from few days ago that will tell you how it works and who to PM with your info to get on the list. Most things will have an additional discount because of the group buy, some things do not. Unfortunately, you won't know ahead of time which things you'll get a discount on. I got my refractometer with a group buy, some other stuff too. And it came within a couple of days.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok I got a little ahead of myself... I was at my lfs today checking out saltwater fish and the owner is a really cool guy... Anyway, I trust his judgment.... He sold me an overflow box with a U shaped thing. I know you guys told me to stay away from them but I was sold when he told me he sell it to me for 30 bucks because he didn't have the screws for it. But it has a brand new overflow box and the backing was used. Looks like it's in great condition. So I bought it. I don't think I would have came across an overflow for 30 bucks anywhere. So I'm taking a chance. Did I jump ahead of myself? He even explained the newer versions and I really liked the CPR but I wanted to save a few bucks.... I guess the previous owner decided to use metal screws instead of plastic and broke the box. Anyway... Why do you guys think? Did I royally screw up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-332977631.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	132268

Name:	image-2070791920.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	132267

Name:	image-923757867.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	132266
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2402537042.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	132265  

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com