thinking of starting a sw aquarium .. have a few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay so i was thinking of starting a sw aquarium. if i do ill probably get a 20-29 gallon aquarium.
- how much salt do you have to add?
- how do you do water changes dealing with salt and everything?
- where can i find a cheap hood and light for a 20-29g aquarium?

Salt depends on the brand you use. I personally use real ocean and its a half-cup of salt to every gallon of water. That puts me at about 1.023 salinity. Butlike I said its dependent on brand. And its roughly 50 dollars for 160 gallons worth of salt. In terms of water changes, they are the same as freshwater, only its recommended that you have pre-mixed saltwater on hand. You never wanna mix the salt directly into the display tank (very bad). And for a cheap hood and light combo. That depends on if you plan on keeping coral or not. If you do wanna keep them, you need higher-powered lighting. Check ebay and craigslist:)

Salt depends on the brand you use. I personally use real ocean and its a half-cup of salt to every gallon of water. That puts me at about 1.023 salinity. Butlike I said its dependent on brand. And its roughly 50 dollars for 160 gallons worth of salt. In terms of water changes, they are the same as freshwater, only its recommended that you have pre-mixed saltwater on hand. You never wanna mix the salt directly into the display tank (very bad). And for a cheap hood and light combo. That depends on if you plan on keeping coral or not. If you do wanna keep them, you need higher-powered lighting. Check ebay and craigslist:)
okay thank you! :)

Lol okay i still have some more research to do first ;) then its the convincing mom part thats hard Lol

Back
Top Bottom