Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So did Dino get his cookies? Or maybe he can't reply because his hands and mouth are full of cookies!! Lol. Anxiously waiting to hear the results of these long-begged-for cookies!! :)

So did Dino get his cookies? Or maybe he can't reply because his hands and mouth are full of cookies!! Lol. Anxiously waiting to hear the results of these long-begged-for cookies!! :)

No, not yet. We had to put one of our dogs to sleep on Wednesday. It's been a rough couple of days :( he will get them soon tho!

On the plus side we had our employee Christmas party Sunday & I got a pretty nice bonus so I'm gonna go to the lfs & get a cleaner shrimp, I've been wanting one forever! Maybe ill pick up a new fish too. What's a non aggressive reef safe fish that stays fairly small & not too shy?

Do you have any gobys yet? Or a nice six line wrasse? I love my 6 line. Maybe a hawkfish. They have such personality.

No goby's yet! They are super cute :) are those the ones that live with pistol shrimps? All I have now is a pair if clowns, a lawnmower blenny, a scribbled rabbitfish and what I thought was some kind if Chromis but might actually be in the damsel family because it has turned out to be kind of aggressive toward my clowns so I'm taking him to the lfs when I go.

No goby's yet! They are super cute :) are those the ones that live with pistol shrimps? All I have now is a pair if clowns, a lawnmower blenny, a scribbled rabbitfish and what I thought was some kind if Chromis but might actually be in the damsel family because it has turned out to be kind of aggressive toward my clowns so I'm taking him to the lfs when I go.

*cough* gold headed sleeper goby *cough*

Yellow watchman gobies and pistol shrimp hang out together. Just google goby/pistol shrimp pairs and I bet you'll find all sorts.

*cough* gold headed sleeper goby *cough*

Yellow watchman gobies and pistol shrimp hang out together. Just google goby/pistol shrimp pairs and I bet you'll find all sorts.

Gold headed sleepers are beautiful! My LFS has a few. My orange spotted goby and pistol shrimp are best friends. That could be an option Jess.

Imo I would stay clear of the shrimp pair in the large tank. If anything set up a nano just for them and choice corals because they aren't guaranteed to build where you can see them especially in a large tank lol

Carpenter wrasses are beautiful. The boys are more colorful, of course. They're a gorgeous red with bright blue stripes. And they don't get huge.

It's ok :) it isn't anybody's fault. So I went to the lfs today...

I got duped :( went in, asked for a hawkfish, they said they had a "Bicolor hawkfish' so I bought it. Get home, get it in the tank, decide I want to sit down and learn about what I have other than what they told me and come to find out I have a bicolor parrotfish. Gosh dang it!!! I'm furious! Gets 3 feet long and hard to keep in home aquaria. Idk what I'm gonna do, this fish is gonna mow what little corals I have, outgrow my reef & my soon to be up & running predator tank and probably won't have enough food in my tank :(

And to top it off my car broke down on the way home. Things can't seem to go right for me!

It's ok :) it isn't anybody's fault. So I went to the lfs today...

I got duped :( went in, asked for a hawkfish, they said they had a "Bicolor hawkfish' so I bought it. Get home, get it in the tank, decide I want to sit down and learn about what I have other than what they told me and come to find out I have a bicolor parrotfish. Gosh dang it!!! I'm furious! Gets 3 feet long and hard to keep in home aquaria. Idk what I'm gonna do, this fish is gonna mow what little corals I have, outgrow my reef & my soon to be up & running predator tank and probably won't have enough food in my tank :(

And to top it off my car broke down on the way home. Things can't seem to go right for me!

Ummm.... Does this mean no cookies?

Ok... Seriously now, can you return it? Have someone drive you tomorrow and give it back and thank them for the proper info. Not your fault they should have no issues taking it back. IF I had some COOKIES, maybe I'd make a phone call for ya!!

:)

Good luck Jess, that's a real bummer.

Ok... Seriously now, can you return it? Have someone drive you tomorrow and give it back and thank them for the proper info. Not your fault they should have no issues taking it back. IF I had some COOKIES, maybe I'd make a phone call for ya!!

:)

Good luck Jess, that's a real bummer.

Hahaa! Definitely gonna get ur cookies to ya! I keep my WORD!!! :):) Idk how I'm even getting to work tomorrow lol, hopefully I can find someone to chauffeur me around for the day! Ughhhhh. I just wanted a dang hawkish! I'm so mad :( I should have researched first I guess. I went in for a 6 line wrasse or other mentioned fish but they didnt have much this time around and now I'm stuck with this parrotfish till I can find a ride to get him gone. Just sucks because I will only get 1/2 of what I paid for him back or less :( they don't do full refunds.

You should deff try and get a full refund they sold you something else from what they said it was.
Sorry for your loss, and the bad luck.

I agree. Print out a page that says what it is and take it with you. They were mistaken and any good business will give you a full refund. If they give you a problem tell them you will report them to the better business bureau for their poor business practices.

Hmmm also gotta question how reputable they are if they can mislabel/sell a fish as such eeks way off base there :(

The guy who owns it is normally really awesome about giving me advice but this one he just totally screwed up :( it's the only sw store around unless I want to drive 2 1/2 hours away its bad enough that one is a 1/2 hour away. I hope when I take the fish back he will be cool about it, he's the type of guy that hates to be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom