Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. I just spent who knows how long reading this whole thing from first post to last and I'm not even sure why I started!! Very interesting. You went through quite a bit in such a short time and seems like you are a strong, smart person. I'm glad I read this too though, I have a few tanks and in one of my tanks I have a crazy anemone that has split (I actually got to watch it split which was amazing although terrifying at first as I had no idea and i thought it was melting or something).
Anyway I took one out and put it in my 46 gallon mainly because my (1) maroon clown and my newer clarkii clown pair (which I think are actually blue stripes and not clarkii ) were all trying to host the same huge, what I always just called hairy mushroom, but googling mushrooms maybe is a neon green mushroom. I'm not sure. Got him unknowing on a piece of live Rock... anyway so I put the anemone in the tank and like you said, boom, this looks like its getting molested by these clowns and started looking crappy right away so I moved him to a different tank and he is ok now. Maybe I should pop one back in and see if its just some sort of adjusting period being bombarded by them. I just get nervous about losing anything. . Oh and by the way... At 2 am I'm craving cookies and I don't normally ever want any type of sweets... Ha

Thanks y'all! I've named this big dude Pedro :) he lives in that hole and comes out like every 2 days at feeding time. He's a beast! How big do they get???

Attachments

• image-2819192124.jpg
    image-2819192124.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 83
Never seen one that grey but I have some in my tank which when stretched out are every bit of 6" lol

Well that's what mine are, mettalic blue and red. Must just be the white balance messing with the photo.

Thanks y'all! I've named this big dude Pedro :) he lives in that hole and comes out like every 2 days at feeding time. He's a beast! How big do they get???

Is Pedro a bristle worm!?

Alot of people think they are gross. I think they are cool. I actually think just about everything is cool. Even zoa eating nudis. They were eating my zoas though.

Are we naming bristle worms now

OK lets see.

theirs

Hank,Harvy,Fester,and Lou

so far I only found 4 in my tank

Are we naming bristle worms now

OK lets see.

theirs

Hank,Harvy,Fester,and Lou

so far I only found 4 in my tank

Lol! Not all, just that BEAST!!! Yea, I'm pretty sure I have like 100, lots of little ones. If I shine a light on my tank at night you can see a ton. Every 2-3 days at feeding time I can see like 30 or so come out.

Is Pedro a bristle worm!?

Alot of people think they are gross. I think they are cool. I actually think just about everything is cool. Even zoa eating nudis. They were eating my zoas though.

Yes! I really don't mind em as long as they don't bother the fish ;)

Last edited:
There is definitely something killing my hermits. The population is dwindling. Today I found my really big hermit dead, looked ripped in half. What could be doing this??!!

what fish you have
maybe figure who snacking

1 Scribbled Rabbitfish
2 Clarkii Clowns
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Unidentified Chromis, been told Lyretail... It came with the tank
1 Rock Nem
1 Bubble tip
1 Brittle Sta
1 Sea Urchin

My Parrotfish recently came up missing.

Back