Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #341
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
Oh man, I have 2 dusters- I really hope my hermits don't start eating them. I didn't know they eat dusters.
Yeah I was unaware myself until my Halloween crab was sitting right on top of it, next day it was gone lol
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #342
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
Oh man, I have 2 dusters- I really hope my hermits don't start eating them. I didn't know they eat dusters.
It's really only my really big hermit thy shows interest in it :/

My Aiptasia X came in the mail yesterday.... Would I use that before or after wc time? Im due for a wc tomorrow and I plan on using it in the morning.
__________________

__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #343
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

It's really only my really big hermit thy shows interest in it :/

My Aiptasia X came in the mail yesterday.... Would I use that before or after wc time? Im due for a wc tomorrow and I plan on using it in the morning.
Yeah my Halloween crab is the biggest one in my tank lol and I'm not sure of the aiptasia x... never had to use it :/ sorry
__________________
DanS180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #344
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Yeah my Halloween crab is the biggest one in my tank lol and I'm not sure of the aiptasia x... never had to use it :/ sorry
Lucky! My tank came with aiptasia that was like 4+ in haha
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #345
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

It's really only my really big hermit thy shows interest in it :/

My Aiptasia X came in the mail yesterday.... Would I use that before or after wc time? Im due for a wc tomorrow and I plan on using it in the morning.
I've only had 2 Aptasia, but I would do it before the PWC. I used Aptasia-X also. That way if any little bits fly off while you're using it, they can come out with PWC.
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #346
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl

I've only had 2 Aptasia, but I would do it before the PWC. I used Aptasia-X also. That way if any little bits fly off while you're using it, they can come out with PWC.
That's what I was thinkin too ;D I'm excited to use it! The directions say they "implode" haha.
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #347
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

That's what I was thinkin too ;D I'm excited to use it! The directions say they "implode" haha.
Haha. It's not nearly as exciting as it sounds. as soon as you stick the needle in the mouth, it'll start to retract, so personally, I didn't see any "imploding". It just wasn't there anymore. Lol.
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #348
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Jess' aiptasia is gonna Implode creating a blackhole and sucking us all in! Noooo! Lol :P
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #349
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
Jess' aiptasia is gonna Implode creating a blackhole and sucking us all in! Noooo! Lol :P
Lmbo! I knew it sounded too good to be true

I forgot to tell y'all that I picked up a protein skimmer, it was free cuz it's broke lol. But I think I can fix it yay! It's a Red Sea Prizm, hope it'll do the job
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #350
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Did a wc this morning... Waited 2 hours and retested salinity. I'm at 1.028?! Idk how it got that high... How do I bring it down? I don't have any water made... Will they be ok till tomorrow?
__________________

__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.