Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #421
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180
I'm glad to see your cat is doing okay now!
Me too

Well all mushrooms seem to be acting normal except one guess I'd rather lose one than all but sad because the one that is looking bad was my biggest one.
__________________

__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #422
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Me too

Well all mushrooms seem to be acting normal except one guess I'd rather lose one than all but sad because the one that is looking bad was my biggest one.
Hopefully it is only upset and will recover. And the kitty... Poor poor kitty! I hope she gets to feeling good soon.

Did your husband and kids learn their lesson of not messing with mom's tank? My kids learned real fast not to mess with the fish tanks! (They also had a bad habit of making hot wheels fly... That stopped REAL fast! LOL!) And my husband likes the tanks, and will feed the fish if I need him to, but they are my hobby so he just sits back and tells me they look pretty.
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #423
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Spicemonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 304
Awe such a lil baby too maybe consider keeping inside(at least sy night) glad your tank is ok too
__________________
54g corner
10g sump
Coralife 65g protein skimmer
LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #424
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemonkey
Awe such a lil baby too maybe consider keeping inside(at least sy night) glad your tank is ok too
Actually today the tank looked AMAZING!!! Mushrooms looked pretty good today I was worried using tap to do a wc would also upset the mushrooms but they actually look pretty happy

Something is murdering my hermits tho... I've found 3 dead ones since I've adopted the tank :/

He is an indoor cat. My husband has a shop in the back where he repairs & paints cars & motorcycles and stuff. I usually work till 10pm - 12am everyday (I work @ a bar & grill) and sometimes while I'm at work my husband takes the kids out to the garage while he works on stuff. My daughter just got the cat for her birthday in September and carries it everywhere. She brought it out and apparently forgot to bring it in ( or thought it was ok?? cuz sometimes we leave the dogs in the garage @ night) well when I got home I noticed the tank was looking funky and immediately did a wc... Took me till like 2:30am... I didn't think to check for the cat anyway idk how it got left outside. Sucks but he is healing up ok.
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #425
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Spicemonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 304
So happy for you and all of your critters are on the up & up
__________________
54g corner
10g sump
Coralife 65g protein skimmer
LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #426
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Got a new shell today for my giant hermit but now that I get home I realize that it's pretty much the same size :/ maybe a tad bigger... And I had to get it out if the hermit habitat at the lfs... Will boiling it make it safe to add to my aquarium??

Also picked up some Mysis the fish love it!

I'm afraid this big hermit is guilty of murdering all my other hermits found 2 more dead today.... I can't find anyone to take him or these damsels. I talked to my LFS who doesn't want the hermit and said that if I bring him the Damsels he is going to put them in with a Volitan Lion and wait for them to die and won't give me credit for them either. I tried posting an ad on CL for them and in the classifieds section of this forum & no one wants them. Idk what to do with them and I really want Clowns but my LFS said I can't stock really anything until the Damsels are gone...

So how many snails & hermits should I have for a 75g tank? I'm down to 7 hermits & 3-5 snails (snails are also diminishing) was thinking about getting another star since I can't have hermits or snails without them getting killed. Thoughts?
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #427
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol
Got a new shell today for my giant hermit but now that I get home I realize that it's pretty much the same size :/ maybe a tad bigger... And I had to get it out if the hermit habitat at the lfs... Will boiling it make it safe to add to my aquarium??

Also picked up some Mysis the fish love it!

I'm afraid this big hermit is guilty of murdering all my other hermits found 2 more dead today.... I can't find anyone to take him or these damsels. I talked to my LFS who doesn't want the hermit and said that if I bring him the Damsels he is going to put them in with a Volitan Lion and wait for them to die and won't give me credit for them either. I tried posting an ad on CL for them and in the classifieds section of this forum & no one wants them. Idk what to do with them and I really want Clowns but my LFS said I can't stock really anything until the Damsels are gone...

So how many snails & hermits should I have for a 75g tank? I'm down to 7 hermits & 3-5 snails (snails are also diminishing) was thinking about getting another star since I can't have hermits or snails without them getting killed. Thoughts?
Put the shell in water and bring up to a boil for about 5 min, then let cool and tips it in. That's what I do with all my shells, and no problems. Hopefully the hermit will move into the new shell and stop killing everybody. He might just be looking for a new home. My snails die off periodically too, not sure if its a hermit, the pistol, or just that they die. I've read that for my 55g, I should have 65 snails (assorted) and about 30 hermits. I do not have even close to that, but I do have about 20 Nassarius, 20-ish astrea/banded trochus, 2 conch, and only about 10 or so hermits left. I've bought many more than this, but they tend to disappear.
I saw some of my baby Nassarius today. My Nassarius laid thousands of eggs about a month or so ago, and some actually hatched!! They are so itty bitty, it's just funny. I could see the babies, small ones and full sized ones all next to each other, quite the size difference. The babies are about 1/6th the size of my pinky nail!! Lol
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:48 AM   #428
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Has anyone had any experience with this test kit? Thinking about getting it so I have an all in one kit for sw & my fw tanks...

http://www.petco.com/product/112561/...er=51515438635

My hermit took right to the new shell, I was surprised that it only took him like 5 minutes to decide he liked it better than his other shell lol
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:30 AM   #429
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol
Has anyone had any experience with this test kit? Thinking about getting it so I have an all in one kit for sw & my fw tanks...

http://www.petco.com/product/112561/...er=51515438635

My hermit took right to the new shell, I was surprised that it only took him like 5 minutes to decide he liked it better than his other shell lol
Haven't tried that test kit, sorry. Yea!! I'm glad he likes his new shell!! Hopefully he'll stop murdering everyone now!! Let us know!
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #430
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Who wants to take a guess at what this is??? It's definitely coming back to life! It opens & closes and is starting to get little hairs on the edges
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1624255839.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	134186  
__________________

__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.