Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #461
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post

Yea I was stoked!!!

Does the nem look ok?! I'm keeping an eye out for bleaching. It will move if not comfy, right? It appears happy and eats like a pig when I feed the tank mysis & emerald entree. It's an amazing creature! It actually look even better today, I should have taken a oic! It's pretty big and fully open now! I witnessed it expel "something" black today... Idek what it was!
Maybe it was pooping...

If I'm not mistaken, Clarkii clowns really like that type of anemone. I remember reading that online somewhere. At any rate, it sure is awesome! Nice secret Santa gift too!
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #462
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs View Post

Maybe it was pooping...

If I'm not mistaken, Clarkii clowns really like that type of anemone. I remember reading that online somewhere. At any rate, it sure is awesome! Nice secret Santa gift too!
That's what I thought was happening and thank you! I'm looking at black Ocelleris clowns, I hope they will like it! I'm definitely gonna get more nems once I have more money but for now that's all I could get! And it was just $10!
__________________

__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #463
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
My nem must not be happy it's moving I read its not typical for these types to move.... Maybe my lights aren't good enough
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #464
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Spicemonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 304
I plan to get black oscellaris clowns also
__________________
54g corner
10g sump
Coralife 65g protein skimmer
LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #465
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
My nem must not be happy it's moving I read its not typical for these types to move.... Maybe my lights aren't good enough
What kind of lights do u have?
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #466
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

What kind of lights do u have?
I honestly don't know... They have 4 bulbs, 3 led moonlights, fans on each end but one is broke & then 3 switches in the back and only 2 work. I was supposed to get that one from a member on AA but I just don't have any extra money the unit is extremely heavy. I researched the rock "flower" nem and it said they preferred moderate light and even some shade, it's retreated into a piece of LR, maybe too much light? I wish that dang light had words on it!!!!!
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #467
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post

I honestly don't know... They have 4 bulbs, 3 led moonlights, fans on each end but one is broke & then 3 switches in the back and only 2 work. I was supposed to get that one from a member on AA but I just don't have any extra money the unit is extremely heavy. I researched the rock "flower" nem and it said they preferred moderate light and even some shade, it's retreated into a piece of LR, maybe too much light? I wish that dang light had words on it!!!!!
Lol yeah without knowing much about the light its gonna be hard to see if that's the problem.. it sounds like its some sort of metal halide tho if it has 2 built in fans. They usually have decent wattage tho so I'm not sure :/
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #468
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

Lol yeah without knowing much about the light its gonna be hard to see if that's the problem.. it sounds like its some sort of metal halide tho if it has 2 built in fans. They usually have decent wattage tho so I'm not sure :/
Yea idk! The bulbs are strange looking too, ill try to snap a pic, I'm sure I'm due for new bulbs too. I realllllllllllly wanna get that light from the person on here I'm hoping I get some cold hard cash for Xmas lol, doubt it but I'm hoping!!!
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #469
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post

Yea idk! The bulbs are strange looking too, ill try to snap a pic, I'm sure I'm due for new bulbs too. I realllllllllllly wanna get that light from the person on here I'm hoping I get some cold hard cash for Xmas lol, doubt it but I'm hoping!!!
Lmao everyone needs cold hard cash.. I need $300 for the leds for my 90G tank lol
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #470
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180 View Post

Lmao everyone needs cold hard cash.. I need $300 for the leds for my 90G tank lol
Lol! Lights r so outrageously priced
__________________

__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.