Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #511
Aquarium Advice Addict

And I'm sorry about your dog.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #512
Aquarium Advice Freak

So sorry for your loss. xxx

LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #513
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's ok it isn't anybody's fault. So I went to the lfs today...

I got duped went in, asked for a hawkfish, they said they had a "Bicolor hawkfish' so I bought it. Get home, get it in the tank, decide I want to sit down and learn about what I have other than what they told me and come to find out I have a bicolor parrotfish. Gosh dang it!!! I'm furious! Gets 3 feet long and hard to keep in home aquaria. Idk what I'm gonna do, this fish is gonna mow what little corals I have, outgrow my reef & my soon to be up & running predator tank and probably won't have enough food in my tank

And to top it off my car broke down on the way home. Things can't seem to go right for me!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #514
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
It's ok it isn't anybody's fault. So I went to the lfs today...

I got duped went in, asked for a hawkfish, they said they had a "Bicolor hawkfish' so I bought it. Get home, get it in the tank, decide I want to sit down and learn about what I have other than what they told me and come to find out I have a bicolor parrotfish. Gosh dang it!!! I'm furious! Gets 3 feet long and hard to keep in home aquaria. Idk what I'm gonna do, this fish is gonna mow what little corals I have, outgrow my reef & my soon to be up & running predator tank and probably won't have enough food in my tank

And to top it off my car broke down on the way home. Things can't seem to go right for me!
Ummm.... Does this mean no cookies?

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #515
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok... Seriously now, can you return it? Have someone drive you tomorrow and give it back and thank them for the proper info. Not your fault they should have no issues taking it back. IF I had some COOKIES, maybe I'd make a phone call for ya!!

Good luck Jess, that's a real bummer.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #516
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Ok... Seriously now, can you return it? Have someone drive you tomorrow and give it back and thank them for the proper info. Not your fault they should have no issues taking it back. IF I had some COOKIES, maybe I'd make a phone call for ya!!

Good luck Jess, that's a real bummer.
Hahaa! Definitely gonna get ur cookies to ya! I keep my WORD!!! Idk how I'm even getting to work tomorrow lol, hopefully I can find someone to chauffeur me around for the day! Ughhhhh. I just wanted a dang hawkish! I'm so mad I should have researched first I guess. I went in for a 6 line wrasse or other mentioned fish but they didnt have much this time around and now I'm stuck with this parrotfish till I can find a ride to get him gone. Just sucks because I will only get 1/2 of what I paid for him back or less they don't do full refunds.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #517
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You should deff try and get a full refund they sold you something else from what they said it was.
Sorry for your loss, and the bad luck.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #518
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree. Print out a page that says what it is and take it with you. They were mistaken and any good business will give you a full refund. If they give you a problem tell them you will report them to the better business bureau for their poor business practices.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #519
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hmmm also gotta question how reputable they are if they can mislabel/sell a fish as such eeks way off base there
LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #520
Aquarium Advice Addict

The guy who owns it is normally really awesome about giving me advice but this one he just totally screwed up it's the only sw store around unless I want to drive 2 1/2 hours away its bad enough that one is a 1/2 hour away. I hope when I take the fish back he will be cool about it, he's the type of guy that hates to be wrong.

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com