Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue is my favorite coral color so the blue washes it out while it pops against the black lol

Minkota said:
Can you get a better picture of them, hard to see on my small iPhone screen

Sorry, my iPhone camera sucks! Best I can do!

Attachments

• image-616102414.jpg
    image-616102414.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1872812791.jpg
    image-1872812791.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 85
I would put a pvc connector on the piece that is in the bulkhead and replace the top half of you want to. You dont even have to glue the connector because it will be underwater anyway, it doesnt matter if that joint leaks. The only place you dont want leakage is the bulkhead itself (the black part). Anything inside the tank doesnt have to be glued. I would also put the black acrylic part back up when you are done and create a durso overflow setup.

spoonman said:
I would put a pvc connector on the piece that is in the bulkhead and replace the top half of you want to. You dont even have to glue the connector because it will be underwater anyway, it doesnt matter if that joint leaks. The only place you dont want leakage is the bulkhead itself (the black part). Anything inside the tank doesnt have to be glued. I would also put the black acrylic part back up when you are done and create a durso overflow setup.

Ok, that sounds really easy haha!! Could you explain this "durso overflow?" I'm sorry, I'm very new.

AndrewsPistol said:
Ok, that sounds really easy haha!! Could you explain this "durso overflow?" I'm sorry, I'm very new.

He is referring to the stand pipe that you are rebuilding. You can google it to see photos and get info ( if your iPhone will let you near "google" haha)

Minkota said:
He is referring to the stand pipe that you are rebuilding. You can google it to see photos and get info ( if your iPhone will let you near "google" haha)

Thanks! Alright, so patching that PVC is legit? Cuz that sounds like something I can do! Actually really relieving! The black wall thing will get put back on too, I wanna clean up the jagged edges and make it look a little nicer. Looks like the guy was in a hurry when he made it, notice the jagged edges. Also where it was siliconed in there are these little pieces of what I assume are plastic, they remind me of spacers... Keep em?? I'm trying to remove all the old silicone from this overflow dealy but where they siliconed it on before runs over the seals... So do I just leave it? Don't remove it???

spoonman said:
Check out the link in my signature to my 75 gallon reef build. I have pictures and videos of it in that link.

Perfect! I will :)

Attachments

• image-188028769.jpg
    image-188028769.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2901656398.jpg
    image-2901656398.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 79
The advantage of the black acrylic divider is that if the pump fails it wont empty your whole tank. It will only empty to the level of the bottom of the teeth in the divider. BTW, the video is in post #44 in the thread.

AndrewsPistol said:
Thanks! Alright, so patching that PVC is legit? Cuz that sounds like something I can do! Actually really relieving! The black wall thing will get put back on too, I wanna clean up the jagged edges and make it look a little nicer. Looks like the guy was in a hurry when he made it, notice the jagged edges. Also where it was siliconed in there are these little pieces of what I assume are plastic, they remind me of spacers... Keep em?? I'm trying to remove all the old silicone from this overflow dealy but where they siliconed it on before runs over the seals... So do I just leave it? Don't remove it???

Perfect! I will :)

Yea. Definitely clean up that overflow box. :p

spoonman said:
The advantage of the black acrylic divider is that if the pump fails it wont empty your whole tank. It will only empty to the level of the bottom of the teeth in the divider.

Ohhh gotcha! Makin tons more sense! Thank you! And apologize for sounding so clueless... Well because I am lol!so basically I want the bottom of my teeth to be my water line? So I may need the spacer things... Correct?

Back
Top Bottom