Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guy who owns it is normally really awesome about giving me advice but this one he just totally screwed up :( it's the only sw store around unless I want to drive 2 1/2 hours away its bad enough that one is a 1/2 hour away. I hope when I take the fish back he will be cool about it, he's the type of guy that hates to be wrong.

If he won't give you a full refund Just tell him to give you store credit of the full price then. He will get his fish back and keep your business still, win win.

Wow! You are having a bad week! I think Dino should send YOU cookies with the week you're having! :D
Hope things get better for you soon!

Mrc8858 said:
If he won't give you a full refund Just tell him to give you store credit of the full price then. He will get his fish back and keep your business still, win win.

Good idea, pretty much just ask if you can trade your parrotfish with a different fish (anything is better then that coral-lawn mower. Lol sorry about your week and good luck!

Talked to the man from the lfs in the phone today, he insists he didnt sell me the wrong fish so next Tuesday, my day off, I'm bringing it back and see what happens....

Baking for you tonight Dino, get excited :)

Talked to the man from the lfs in the phone today, he insists he didnt sell me the wrong fish so next Tuesday, my day off, I'm bringing it back and see what happens....

Hey I want some too.......................:D:D

Alright!!! Can't wait!! Hey nice tattoo for pup! That stinks about the fish, definitely go there and see what's up!

Well, went to return the parrotfish but it has mysyeriously disappeared! I have something killing my hermits and now a whole fish is gone!!! Can nems eat fish??? I'm so confused :/

Btw, Dino, tracking # 0312 2120 0000 5622 0413 :)

Attachments

• image-1524308691.jpg
    image-1524308691.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 104
Well, went to return the parrotfish but it has mysyeriously disappeared! I have something killing my hermits and now a whole fish is gone!!! Can nems eat fish??? I'm so confused :/

Btw, Dino, tracking # 0312 2120 0000 5622 0413 :)

Nems can eat fish yes... In short it does happen. YouTube it. And thanks!! I CANNOT WAIT!! YUMMY!!!!!!!

COOOOKKKKIIIIEEESSS!!!!!!!!

image-4264825149.jpg

The nem is the only culprit I can think of?! It moved over night to where the parrotfish liked to hang out... Still doesn't explain what killed about 16 hermits tho :/ my star wouldn't have ate it.... Would it???

Attachments

• image-1311390373.jpg
    image-1311390373.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 95
When I use to live in California I would always play around the tide pools when i was younger cause there is such a huge abundance of life to watch. Well what I noticed was the Nems didn't care what it was if it was close enough to eat that's what it did including hermits and snails. Now given these are probably completely different species in half moon bay then what we keep in aquaria but same idea.

When I use to live in California I would always play around the tide pools when i was younger cause there is such a huge abundance of life to watch. Well what I noticed was the Nems didn't care what it was if it was close enough to eat that's what it did including hermits and snails. Now given these are probably completely different species in half moon bay then what we keep in aquaria but same idea.

My Rock nem is like that, but it sits high on the scape and doesn't really have tentacles so I haven't seen it grab anything I don't intend on feeding it but it is soooooooo sticky!!!!! I worry about my coral banded shrimp getting too close. Sometimes when I feed my star my arm will touch it on accident and it scares me, feels line something grabbed me hahaa! I just hope it really got eaten and isn't still in there messing up my water chemistry. I looked real hard for about 2 hours today.... Nowhere to be seen!

Last edited:
wow that's a trip to actually see it happen

well that nem enjoyed it's $45. lunch

thats why I don't like them

wow that's a trip to actually see it happen

well that nem enjoyed it's $45. lunch

thats why I don't like them

Yea, mine was a $30 loss :/ ohhh well I guess ya live and u learn. I know it sucks that he died but I would have had an awfully BIG coral eating monster on my hands if the lfs wouldn't have taken him back :/

Back
Top Bottom