Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #1051
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Suction cups to easy for the project? Mayne a magnet suction cup combo?

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #1052
Aquarium Advice Addict

I thought that would be fine but they said for some reason it isn't safe.. Who knows.. I might just splurge and buy a pre made float switch with hanger. It would make it really easy. It truly might be the easiest DIY project I've done yet. Just twist some wires and plug jt in.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #1053
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I've noticed my Acro has started to encrust the the plug and it looks really cool. I'm excited to see it on the Rock, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later and then once it has a good base, it will grow more branches. I'm hoping to do a big frag session at around August, maybe September. I'll start selling some for maybe... Maybe another tank, I have to beg my parents.

It's weird how my parents don't want me to get another tank, It's giving me so much knowledge it's crazy. I have been working on bio projects and they've dealt with this stuff.. I get the highest grade in the class and I wouldn't have if I didn't know this stuff. When I took a test on ph, I knew soo much more than I was supposed to and wrote a "short" 1 page essay on the back of the test lol. I respect their decision though.. Just a pain working with a small tank when I have the supplies for a nice one.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #1054
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Well I've noticed my Acro has started to encrust the the plug and it looks really cool. I'm excited to see it on the Rock, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later and then once it has a good base, it will grow more branches. I'm hoping to do a big frag session at around August, maybe September. I'll start selling some for maybe... Maybe another tank, I have to beg my parents.

It's weird how my parents don't want me to get another tank, It's giving me so much knowledge it's crazy. I have been working on bio projects and they've dealt with this stuff.. I get the highest grade in the class and I wouldn't have if I didn't know this stuff. When I took a test on ph, I knew soo much more than I was supposed to and wrote a "short" 1 page essay on the back of the test lol. I respect their decision though.. Just a pain working with a small tank when I have the supplies for a nice one.
Very cool!

Show them a really nice tank, like red sea max! Very expensive, but if can get the money, your parents would deinitly go for it. It literally looks just like furniture, they would go for it
Old 05-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #1055
Aquarium Advice Addict

Im hoping they will go for it but I have to think, I'm leaving in about years for college, what would i do?

I'm thinking about making a canopy, it would make it look nicer I think. My basement looks pretty weird when your looking through a window, there is blue light coming out of it.

I contacted a lfs I've never went to before and I'm sure I will be buying from them. They said they are almost sure that both the fish will be there next week and they will hold them for me. Their prices are close to liveaquaria too. Pretty excited.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #1056
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Im hoping they will go for it but I have to think, I'm leaving in about years for college, what would i do?

I'm thinking about making a canopy, it would make it look nicer I think. My basement looks pretty weird when your looking through a window, there is blue light coming out of it.

I contacted a lfs I've never went to before and I'm sure I will be buying from them. They said they are almost sure that both the fish will be there next week and they will hold them for me. Their prices are close to liveaquaria too. Pretty excited.
Well, your parents dont seem to be into the tank. Mine, however, will know enough by then and they say they will keep an care for it!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #1057
Aquarium Advice Addict

They don't love it like I do, they think it's pretty, but they wouldn't take Care of it like I do. I don't think they ever would do a pwc and I think I might need a 1000 gallon reservoir for an ato along with an auto feeder.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #1058
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I've decided that at some point I'm going to sand my tank down and paint it black. That way it will match the canopy I make.

I've moved a lot of stuff around, the acans aren't doing very well, everything else is as happy as can be, even the fish.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #1059
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just finished sanding the doors to my tank. I used 60 grit then 150 grit. I'll be painting everything black once it's primed. I'm not sure how I'm going to sand down the tank, any suggestions?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #1060
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can easily paint a tank without sanding it. Is there another reason you needed to sand it?

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com