Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #1081
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll probably put it on the Xenia scrubber in the sump, more filtration that way.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #1082
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like the stand, you did great, looks awesome. Why don't you want a kenya tree?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #1083
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I like how it turned out too. I'm going to be starting the canopy in a few days also.

I don't want a Kenya because they reproduce scarily fast. Dont want a brownish garden throughout a colorful tank. Maybe I'll do a little just to see how it does, I have the feeling I'm getting a pretty big frag.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #1084
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dont understand why people hate kenya tree. They get big fast but its not like you cant trim it back? I dont get it.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #1085
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
I dont understand why people hate kenya tree. They get big fast but its not like you cant trim it back? I dont get it.
I had xenia tree before and they look real nice when it's a 6" stalk but they leave behind little trees that grow into an individual stalk.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #1086
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep, don't get me wrong, I would love to frag up some Kenya, but the individual stalks that drop scare me.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #1087
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do they take over the tank then? So I'm understanding some people will consider these a pest, like the aptasia?

You should email me your plans for the hood. I wouldn't know where to begin. (I'll even get my printer up and running if you do LOL)

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #1088
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Do they take over the tank then? So I'm understanding some people will consider these a pest, like the aptasia?

You should email me your plans for the hood. I wouldn't know where to begin. (I'll even get my printer up and running if you do LOL)
They aren't really a pest. They won't attach if there is a coral in the spot. 70% of the ones that drop go to the back of the tank anyway.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #1089
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy

I definitely wouldn't say take over, but they do spread. I personally wouldnt want Kenya all over my tank, even if it is a small amount.

I am basically doing what this guy did.. But I think mine will look better since I'll be adding stuff to make it look fancier. Once it's built I can give you all the dimensions on it, I might even make a video on it.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #1090
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found someone my age that is starting a reef aquarium that lives in a reachable distance from me. Its a hike but I'm happy that there is someone. I'm going to be giving him my death star palys, spread the love, ya know?

I'll be starting to buy the supplies for my canopy tomorrow most likely. I'm also buying a bunch of corals Sunday.. Well maybe I'll control myself a little and buy a few.. Not sure.

Ive been seeing bryopsis in my tank since the emerald crab died so I'm going to buy another in hopes that it will eat it. Im not even going to try to kill it, I'll live with it before that war. It's not too ugly.

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com