Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #1111
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

That is the easiest part. I dump a rough estimate in and go to work. When I come home I always need to throw in some more and after I do it is at 1.024.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #1112
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol I'm just lazy, I do that too

It should come within a couple days, which is really exciting. I probably won't be as happy as I was with the new corals though.

The green slimer is the craziest coral I have ever seen. It seems cartoony. I really love my tabling Acro, i found the species it is and it will look cool when it grows out.

I'm going to have a friend over and were going to frag my seriatopora guttatus into a bunch of smaller pieces, with a few 4" ones or so. It's gotten pretty big fast, hard to tell without looking at past pics though. I'll probably donate some but I'd like to sell a few on Craigslist. I need more room in my tank, it's getting to the point where my Lps are going to sting some things. I'll probably also sell my palys and my acan. It's just not doing well in my tank, if someone else likes them, I'd much rather have them keep it, although it has grown from 2 heads to 15 for me.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #1113
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found out my tabling acro is a solitaryensis... Very pretty and can't wait for it to get a little more color. I moved the bonsai up a lot because I heard they like as much light as possible. And I'm only running at 25% right now B)

The other corals are great also, the purple tip has neon green polyps on the base, hopefully I'll get some on the tops too.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #1114
Aquarium Advice Addict

EP:20 reef update part 2 - YouTube

EP:20 reef update part 1 - YouTube

new vids, im loving my tank soo much right now..
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #1115
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

When did your acan get stung? Is it a lord or just an acan?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #1116
Aquarium Advice Addict

This afternoon. Found it on the candy cane. I'm not really worried about it, it seems fine now other than its shrunken, no melting. It did turn a really pretty blue color though lol.

How can I tell if it's a lord or regular? I'm guessing it was regular since it was 5$..

My camera skills are officially horrible though lol. I honestly need a better camera, or at least steadier hands haha.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #1117
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

If it makes you feel better, my camera is so outdated my phone has better performance.

In terms of telling the difference between lords and just acans, I stole this from another post.
"Flesh of the echinata that surrounds the mouth appears like it's all one piece. No clear separation of the polyps like a acan lord has. Once you see enough of them it's very easy to spot.

If you irritate an acan lord the flesh will pull on and you can see the separation inbetween each polyp, when you do the same thing to a acan echinata the flesh pulls in but it still looks about the same as it did when puffed up"
Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #1118
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol, yeah, but this is my parents nicer camera. I just don't see how it can take some really nice pics then sometimes it looks like, well, the videos I just put up.

I can definitely see separation, there is a purple skeleton covering where the actual polyp isn't...

The bonsai is purpling up rather quickly, I was surprised to see a purple tint to the brown today. Can't wait till its completely acclimated. Same with my purple tip, I've been seeing neon green polyps that are slowly coming out.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #1119
Aquarium Advice Addict

My ato came in. I attached it to where I wanted it. It looks like it will work well. Just need the aqualifter to come in tomorrow. Then I'll have my ato all ready! The corals all look amazing. The tabling soli looks a lot greener and has some nice lookin polyps.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #1120
Aquarium Advice Addict

I finished building it I'll be posting a pic or two and maybe a vid of it when I come home on Monday. Schools out!!

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com