Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #1161
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well.. I've decided to spend the extra money and raise my mag levels with kent marine. It's going to be a little more than 30$, but I can't stand this. I think it might be killing corals. Pics are coming at some point, I need to get back on track first. I'm going to stop updating as much because I don't have much free time anymore. It'll either be every other week or once a month, unless someone asks a question, then I'll post back.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #1162
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'm confused...when did you start having a mag issue? Why do you think you have a mag issue?

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #1163
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't have a mag issue, I have a small bryopsis issue. That's the easiest/ safest way to cure it. I've also dipped my problem Rock in half h2o2 half sw today.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #1164
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Oh, so it is a hair algae issue? Can I see a pic? A lawnmower blenny solved my issue along with some manual removal. Why not just remove the rock and either boil it or sun bake it?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #1165
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bryopsis isn't exactly hair algae. Nothing eats other than nudis because it is toxic. I'll try to find a pic. I can't boil it because it's everywhere.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #1166
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, the things I ordered came in today. Calcium was 430 mag was 1350, I raised it up to about 1500, I'll raise it more tomorrow, don't want to freak anything out. I also found the beginning of cyano again, yay!!! :I it makes me hate vacations, I'm gone for a week and I have 2 algaes that are hard to get rid of.. Im not skipping any water changes, and I only have three fish.. I dont know what it could be.. Maybe my rodi filter needs replaced?? My levels are good in everything, so I don't know.. I regret buying the hawk now, it all started when I increased the bioload a bit. If I was to change it, I would have a pair of black Darwin clowns and maybe a small goby, or maybe not. I know I sound Whiney, I'm sorry, but this is giving me such a headache.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #1167
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ouch! Vacation syndrome strikes again. I recently got a dual inline TDS meter from BRS to add to my RO and it's wonderful. Makes knowing the state of your RO filters so much easier to discern.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #1168
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Very ironic since we just had this short discussion about filters for RO/DI and tds meters in my thead lol. If it makes you feel better I finally did a water change in my 36 after waiting for a month...>.>...and I have a small cyano bloom going on. Couldn't have done it when there was NO powerhead in there or when I wasn't changing the water...NOOOOO
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #1169
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae
Ouch! Vacation syndrome strikes again. I recently got a dual inline TDS meter from BRS to add to my RO and it's wonderful. Makes knowing the state of your RO filters so much easier to discern.
I'll probably be buying a tds meter, I definitely need one, especially since they are cheapish.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #1170
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Very ironic since we just had this short discussion about filters for RO/DI and tds meters in my thead lol. If it makes you feel better I finally did a water change in my 36 after waiting for a month...>.>...and I have a small cyano bloom going on. Couldn't have done it when there was NO powerhead in there or when I wasn't changing the water...NOOOOO
I know lol. I'm still not sure if it's my rodi unit though, it just seems like everything is pointing to it. That and my new fish. Oh I thought you sold that? I know what you mean though lol. It's pretty annoying. Luckily I have some red slime remover, I know, don't use chemicals and try naturally, but I've done it once without any negative effects, masking it again hopefully won't harm it either.

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com