Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #1221
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamontan

I am using the filter that came with it. It is connected to the sink in the laundry room. When I turn the water up all the way it will make 7 gallons in around 45 minutes so I turned it down to run slower.
Hmm.. I'm not sure, mine goes the same no matter how much I change it. i really hope the replacement kit I bought from them will do the trick though, I'll switch to brs after.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #1222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's the new corals, matt is great, in really hoping my corals do well for him. The ones I received had already extended and are looking great. The chalice looks absolutely amazing under blues, same with the other corals. The zoa frag is a lot bigger than I thought it was and I hope it does well for me. It looks a lot like the palys I sold but theres a lot more polyps which is great. I also included a pic of my slimer which is completely encrusted now. Fastest grower in the whole tank, no joke. I also bought a 300 micron filter sock so hopefully I'll be algae free in no time. The pics are crappy, I'm sorry. Future purchases are a nice camera and supplemental lighting, lighting comes first. Other than that.. I believe my tank is close to complete but I know I'm just saying that, it will never stop being tinkered with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1574329111.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	110948   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-974321284.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	110949  

Name:	image-396484763.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	110951   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-833795935.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	110952  

Name:	image-1065023270.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	110953   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3296211525.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	110954  

Old 08-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #1223
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Woooowzerz i would kill for any of those boys!! And the tank is looking really really good too. Love it Adam nice work young grasshopper lol
Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #1224
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
Woooowzerz i would kill for any of those boys!! And the tank is looking really really good too. Love it Adam nice work young grasshopper lol
Haha thanks man! I hope it gets better, im having a bit of a bump right now, but.... Here's the gunk from my skimmer..and guess what else?? Me an my dad have installed a new 20amp breaker to the control panel just for me and maybe an iron sometimes.. It's pretty awesome. I could keep a coral farm or two on it lol! Now I'm going to find a power strip and I'll mount everything neatly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3323866305.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	110968  
Old 08-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #1225
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Here's the new corals, matt is great, in really hoping my corals do well for him. The ones I received had already extended and are looking great. The chalice looks absolutely amazing under blues, same with the other corals. The zoa frag is a lot bigger than I thought it was and I hope it does well for me. It looks a lot like the palys I sold but theres a lot more polyps which is great. I also included a pic of my slimer which is completely encrusted now. Fastest grower in the whole tank, no joke. I also bought a 300 micron filter sock so hopefully I'll be algae free in no time. The pics are crappy, I'm sorry. Future purchases are a nice camera and supplemental lighting, lighting comes first. Other than that.. I believe my tank is close to complete but I know I'm just saying that, it will never stop being tinkered with.
They look great the long drive had me worried but looks like they made it no problem
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #1226
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you can convince them to make the drive September 13th he has his next shipment coming in and should be BIG...coming from Australia or Thailand can't remember now lol
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #1227
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks! Yeah, I was worried too, my dad had to stop for a while on top of it. I thought he was going out of business?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #1228
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Thanks! Yeah, I was worried too, my dad had to stop for a while on top of it. I thought he was going out of business?
That's what he said on the phone and when I got there the frag system I was offered he backed out on.. well his wife decided that haha.. from what I seen he's torn between running all his frag tanks or just getting out of it and keeping his big 190 bowfront but I guess the wife enjoys the frag tanks soooo... Well you should know how that goes lmao I'm just gonna play it by ear and try to be first one in if/when he decides to
Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #1229
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh gotcha.. Yeah I have to make a trip out there, his prices are great. I just need more room for corals now lol!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #1230
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Lol, I keep reading all of this joy and man... sounds like I need to request some PTO for September. I was thinking of a week already for the launch of MoP... Thank got I have 80 hours of the stuff!

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com