Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #1231
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry, whats MoP?I was thinking mother of pearl. Spongebob has gotten to me lol.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #1232
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got some good polyp extension today out of the mother colony.. pretty sure it'll make a full recovery

Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #1233
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
Got some good polyp extension today out of the mother colony.. pretty sure it'll make a full recovery
Perfect, I'm really glad it worked for you. The sps are doing great, algae is slowing down, the new chalice had it's feeder tentacles out today, things are looking up.

One thing though, the wrasse has disappeared, I haven't seen it in 3 days. I think he jumped but I'm still looking. I'm not as sad with this one as I was with the Blenny, I might get another fish sooner than I was expecting.. Of course if money permits and the tank is happy
Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #1234
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell

Perfect, I'm really glad it worked for you. The sps are doing great, algae is slowing down, the new chalice had it's feeder tentacles out today, things are looking up.

One thing though, the wrasse has disappeared, I haven't seen it in 3 days. I think he jumped but I'm still looking. I'm not as sad with this one as I was with the Blenny, I might get another fish sooner than I was expecting.. Of course if money permits and the tank is happy
Do you have a dog? Found out my fish jumped cause mine was carrying it around (thats why I couldn't find him in or around the tank : x lol)

Edit* or cat I guess too haha
Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #1235
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good to know things are back on track adam!!!! too bad about the wrasse.... But at least corals are doing well and you dont have to rehome the hawk!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #1236
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Do you have a dog? Found out my fish jumped cause mine was carrying it around (thats why I couldn't find him in or around the tank : x lol)

Edit* or cat I guess too haha
I have both a cat and a dog.. The car is really fat and I doubt I would even budge if it saw the fish on the ground but my dog would have rolled in it and we had to give her a bath yesterday because she stunk.. Maybe.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #1237
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Good to know things are back on track adam!!!! too bad about the wrasse.... But at least corals are doing well and you dont have to rehome the hawk!!!
Thanks! I'm really hoping that this will be the last big bump with the tank, my wallet can't take much more.. The hawk has been amazing. I have a friend who likes to stare him down. The hawk actually gets up to the front of the glass and just stares at him back lol. I've also got him eating when my hand is really close to him, he will be perching on my hand soon I hope. Who says fish can't do tricks?!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #1238
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I have both a cat and a dog.. The car is really fat and I doubt I would even budge if it saw the fish on the ground but my dog would have rolled in it and we had to give her a bath yesterday because she stunk.. Maybe.
Ya my yorky was trotting around with my poor dried up dartfish in his mouth like I've been waiting forever but now I got you haha...he watches my tanks as much as me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120807_005153.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	111160  
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #1239
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Thanks! I'm really hoping that this will be the last big bump with the tank, my wallet can't take much more.. The hawk has been amazing. I have a friend who likes to stare him down. The hawk actually gets up to the front of the glass and just stares at him back lol. I've also got him eating when my hand is really close to him, he will be perching on my hand soon I hope. Who says fish can't do tricks?!
Omg i love my hawk... Super awesome fish. Cant wait for mine to be like yours!! My friends like my fish too... Haha i think the favorite is the foxface when they hear he is poisonous :P

Mrc... Yorkys are hilarious. Haha love it!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #1240
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, yorkies are great, I used to have a smaller dog, a fist (pronounced fIste).. It was psychotic though lol. I'll only do bigger dogs from now on, labs are great.

The flame is my favorite, just a really cool fish. The black around its eyes makes it look crazy lol. I'm thinking of what fish I could add if I do get one, maybe the midas? I'm not sure if they would have a bigger bioload than a wrasse.. Of course this is if the wrasse is actually gone and my tank is looking great.

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com