Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #1271
Aquarium Advice Addict

*edit* posted on wrong thread.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #1272
Aquarium Advice Addict

*edit*
Posted on wrong thread

Old 08-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #1273
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

Get the Midas Blenny!! It's what you really want.

They had a baby gold headed sleeper goby at petco. So pretty. Someday I'll have one. Someday....
It's really a tie between them, I'm not sure, I'll let my family decide.

You're right, they are beautiful. you'll need to upgrade from that pico though!

And thanks, will ferells a beast! Also, no problem haha!
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #1274
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thought id let you know I'm getting neon green extension and new growth on the dead pieces of the colony already
Old 08-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #1275
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great! I knew theyd do good for you. Tomorrow I'm having someone come over to buy the kryptonite candy cane off me, it's just too much light for it...

What I'm thinking is that I'll retrofit a 4 bulb t5 into my canopy and turn my LEDs to minimum light. Actually, maybe two bulb.. Idk. Whatever it is, it has to get done, my corals aren't very happy with this led unit. Also, the eBay company purewaterclub never answered me, which is bad but okay because my brother broke part of it > I added the di resin to my rodi and it seems to be good now, 1:2.75 gallon ratio.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #1276
Aquarium Advice Addict

What system are you currently using?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #1277
Aquarium Advice Addict

Led? The 120w dimmable Chinese fixture off eBay. I believe it's 30 royal blue 30 cool white and they are 3w LEDs underdrived at 2w to prolong life ( a lot of people do that)
Old 08-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #1278
Aquarium Advice Addict

And your having trouble with high light corals? I thought everyone else using them got great sps growth. Are you sure you don't have phosphate issues? And hows the sand bed project going?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #1279
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
And your having trouble with high light corals? I thought everyone else using them got great sps growth. Are you sure you don't have phosphate issues? And hows the sand bed project going?
My sps growth is great on all high light sps, my stylo seriously grew a quarter inch thick branch that's about an inch long in a month. My green slimer has encrusted the rock and is going crazy too. The purple plasma is starting to lose that purple I was talking about It getting, but It's still growing fast. It's not really growth I'm having issues with, it's color. The birdsnest was the exception though. I could have phosphate issues, which makes me want to get some gfo and a reactor, which the guy in slippery rock has.. My parents probably wouldnt let me go though. Only April till I get my actual license! If all goes as planned of course..

The sand bed is actually doing well, no cyano anymore, I've put some sand in the fuge just to keep bacteria so nothing goes nuts.. It's pretty much empty now, I'd say 3/4 of the way done. I'm just happy I don't have any more algae issues other than the back getting nasty daily, just another reason for gfo I guess.. Maybe I'll do chemipure, see how it goes while saving my money for a reactor, and for my birthday, ask for a light.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #1280
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well.. I sold the candycane, and then organized my electric stuff.. I looked at my lighting schedule and found out one of the reasons my corals are bleaching lol.. The timer was bumped and had the blues on almost all the time. The whites were on for 11 hours. I now have it on a 10 hours schedule, which I think is much better. And I am going to wash out my filter sock tomorrow, it was really brown. I'm hoping that will be easy, I just put it in the washing machine with no soap, right?

I have the money to buy a reactor.. That might be next. I'll get the little fishies reactor if I can't make it to slippery rock before school.

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com