Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #1281
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sold the candy cane!!!!???

Old 08-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #1282
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Well.. I sold the candycane, and then organized my electric stuff.. I looked at my lighting schedule and found out one of the reasons my corals are bleaching lol.. The timer was bumped and had the blues on almost all the time. The whites were on for 11 hours. I now have it on a 10 hours schedule, which I think is much better. And I am going to wash out my filter sock tomorrow, it was really brown. I'm hoping that will be easy, I just put it in the washing machine with no soap, right?

I have the money to buy a reactor.. That might be next. I'll get the little fishies reactor if I can't make it to slippery rock before school.
When do you start school? If you make it up to slippery rock before I do make sure to let me know if you see anything good

Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #1283
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Sold the candy cane!!!!???
Yep, it was just too big and I thought the color overpowered the tank.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #1284
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

When do you start school? If you make it up to slippery rock before I do make sure to let me know if you see anything good
I start shortly after labor day, and I'll definitely tell you! If he has a cheap bubble tip or plate, I'm gonna probly be too tempted not to get it lol.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #1285
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm back and the tank is doing fine. I'm going to finish off the sand in the tank then save up for a gfo reactor and some t5 retros. I'm dipping my small zoa rock in diluted hydrogen peroxide to kill Bryopsis, works really well.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #1286
Aquarium Advice Addict

You should see the colony I got off you. Almost completely recovered with new growth on the tips I cut. Another month and i think it'll be fully colored back up which its getting a real nice green body with almost teal polyps ... Unfortunately though the frag isnt looking good only a couple polyps left so think its a lost cause
Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #1287
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's perfect! And even if the smaller frag doesn't look good, You got the colony, no worries! But what about the acan echinata?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #1288
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looking great but there wasn't a doubt in my mind it wouldnt start thriving immediately haha it started showing feeding tentacles about a week ago
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #1289
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's good. It used to show it's feeder tentacles for me when the moonlights were on. When I added the LEDs that stopped but it grew a lot faster.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #1290
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got almost all of the sand out today, just a little bit more and I'll start posting pics. The filter sock has really helped, I recommend everyone to get one. Just make sure ya wash em! The cyano has died of completely, but bryopsis is back, im going to do more water changes and I'm sure it will die off. It's not bothering anything anymore.

So.. the fish are healthy, but the hawk has been sitting in my zoa "garden" and it annoys them. What should I do?

Corals are all doing fine, the newest ones which I got from mrc have changed colors, the smaller one is now bright green with dark red polyps, the bigger one is now a bit redder. Both are happy. I don't see any unhappy corals so I think I'm good.

Gfo reactor is the next purchase and im looking for one now, hopefully someone has a cheap one and I won't have to buy it new. Then my phosphates will be dealt with and I should have a happy tank!

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com