Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #1351
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

But why is it Hard to keep fish? You only have 3!
Actually, two lol. I'm dealing with algae (bryopsis), along with no rodi water. No rodi means less water changes. To compensate, I'm going to have very little nutrients in my tank.. No fish. Im really thinking of stuffing it with some inverts hehehe... They don't make much bioload right?

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #1352
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
Sorry to see your fish go. Now you can focus on your coral. I hope you have a great time at homecoming!!
Luckily they will be going to some great people, and yes, I'm going to be quite happy when my zoanthids aren't looking mad at me

Thank you, I'm sure I will.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #1353
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

^this!
Best wishes for your tank and homecoming. Don't worry, your tank will be even more amazing by the time you're in a position to repopulate your fish. Time and patience do great things to reef tanks.
Thanks! I'm thinking once the algae is cleared and my bday passes ( late October), I'll be able to add fish. I'll start a whole new stock, slowly of course, the beneficial Bacteria will be low.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #1354
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Get the ladies adam!! Lol but right after homecoming i expect you to get that flame hawk back and then buy a black clown have fun dude your the man.
Lol black clown is on the list for sure, idk about the flame.. Been there done that, plus i really love inverts.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #1355
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Either way man, do your dance thing and get a paper route or something. I'm sitting here with an encrusted bird's nest frag that is totally calling your name in a couple months.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #1356
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Either way man, do your dance thing and get a paper route or something. I'm sitting here with an encrusted bird's nest frag that is totally calling your name in a couple months.
Woah, woah, woah.... This doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying things for the tank haha. I just can't do water changes with rodi water because I don't have a unit. I do have distilled and I'll use that. When my algae is gone and the tank is looking spiffy, I'll start adding fishies. I'm going to be 16, so Petco or something is calling my name. Money for gas will be coming up, so it's a bit stressful. Ill figure it out though, my tank is going to look great (in my eyes) someday.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #1357
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well it's encrusted...just sayin! lol.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #1358
Aquarium Advice Addict

Whenever your ready to frag just tell me, maybe when im algae free we could. That way all my stuff is safe for you. I accidentally fragged my purple plasma stag which is soo pretty. It has started to encrust at the base so it will be good then.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #1359
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'm not concerned about algae free, I already have byropsis. Haven't even started to address the issue. I'll snag a pic of it this weekend and put it in my thread. Just want it to color up more. As I'm adjusting my lighting further, aka lowering them, more color is coming out.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #1360
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
I'm not concerned about algae free, I already have byropsis. Haven't even started to address the issue. I'll snag a pic of it this weekend and put it in my thread. Just want it to color up more. As I'm adjusting my lighting further, aka lowering them, more color is coming out.
Oh yeah, I forgot. Well then whenever really, that's the only algae I have. I'm thinking i might lower the LEDs for mine also. The purple plasma lost it's "pop" when the algae got bad, but the polyps look a lot greener..

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com