Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
And also, I've been in the hobby for about 4 years now. Before this project, I had a gecko for about 3 months. It all started with a betta when I was 11. Then i upgraded to a ten gallon tank with an African cichlid.. I know it was a bad move lol. I started breeding German blue rams in it and was pretty successful until I got hair algae. Then I bought my 30 gallon and did a small African cichlid tank, a community tank, and a planted tank. The planted is where I messed stuff up. I almost caught my house on fire, I used a homemade sump, and wasn't taking care of the plants lime I should've. I turned it into a gecko tank with an albino leucistic leopard gecko and now have this which I will stick with till college. That's pretty much it :)

Holy poop! OCD much?? Haha and what happened to your geckos? They live for 20+ years! Uou better stick with this until at LEAST college with all this planning

needmorecowbell said:
Lol I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I live in Pittsburgh and only see small lakes and 3 rivers...

Ok i know what he means. Haha i am a beach freak. 2 surfboards, tons of body boarding stuff, winter wetsuit...ya, i gottcha hahah

needmorecowbell said:
Lol I was traveling through a state last night unexpectedly, my coach told me I had a fight in Ohio and that I should go. I got home at 1 feeling like crap, although I did okay in the fight but still lost. Still, I'm back now though lol, you definitely do need to keep me I'm Check, I would probably do something incredibly stupid haha

Boxing! Thats bossanova! So, do you like run through the streets of pittsburg with your hood up at one in the morning? Punch meat like its nobodys buisness? Lol ok im done haha....are you the cinderella man?? Lol ok now im done

Gboy66 said:
Holy poop! OCD much?? Haha and what happened to your geckos? They live for 20+ years! Uou better stick with this until at LEAST college with all this planning

Lol there want anything wrong with the geckos It was just to keep me occupied until I had a saltwater. And yes, with all this planning I'll be fragging stuff until I'm like 20 haha

Gboy66 said:
Ok i know what he means. Haha i am a beach freak. 2 surfboards, tons of body boarding stuff, winter wetsuit...ya, i gottcha hahah

Nice! I've always wanted to learn how to surf, but definitely not in the winter lol

lol are geckos fun?! ive always been interested in them.. can you give me a ink with info about caring for them? ive been looking for something to do after i get my reef set up. at first i was thinking snakes but idk. also, do you have to frag corals? will they overgrow eachother? who do you sell the frags to?
lol lots of questions sorry:)

Gboy66 said:
Boxing! Thats bossanova! So, do you like run through the streets of pittsburg with your hood up at one in the morning? Punch meat like its nobodys buisness? Lol ok im done haha....are you the cinderella man?? Lol ok now im done

Lol I don't really run too much, I run about a mile or two a day. Pretty pathetic compared to some people. And I've never punched meat, I kinda feel the urge to at times though haha, and I could never be cinderella man, too much of a beast.

SwimsWithFish said:
lol are geckos fun?! ive always been interested in them.. can you give me a ink with info about caring for them? ive been looking for something to do after i get my reef set up. at first i was thinking snakes but idk. also, do you have to frag corals? will they overgrow eachother? who do you sell the frags to?
lol lots of questions sorry:)

Well, I'm on the app so I can't give you a link, but if you just type leopard gecko care on google it should pop up and have some great links. I really wanted a ball python but my mom didn't like the whole dead mouse thing lol. And you do kinda have to frag corals at some point or they will have chemical warfare on each other. I will most likely trade corals with my local reef club once a month and sell them on craigslist and my local lfs.

SwimsWithFish said:
i LOVE surfing. its beast. i only get to go like once year though..

I do t think I could balance lol. Plus with my luck u would stab myself with the board accidentally while falling.

Well, I'm on the app so I can't give you a link, but if you just type leopard gecko care on google it should pop up and have some great links. I really wanted a ball python but my mom didn't like the whole dead mouse thing lol. And you do kinda have to frag corals at some point or they will have chemical warfare on each other. I will most likely trade corals with my local reef club once a month and sell them on craigslist and my local lfs.

awsome thanks!!! (btw on the app if yo push the + button you can share links,photos and other cool stuff:cool:)
:thanks::dance::dance:

:band:woah. those things are AWSOME!!!! how much would it cost in all to set up a habitat?!?!? can i find everything i need at petsmart?

SwimsWithFish said:
i LOVE surfing. its beast. i only get to go like once year though..

What?!?! That should be a crime in the state of california!! I dont know where you live, but it should still be punishable hahah

needmorecowbell said:
Lol I don't really run too much, I run about a mile or two a day. Pretty pathetic compared to some people. And I've never punched meat, I kinda feel the urge to at times though haha, and I could never be cinderella man, too much of a beast.

Still sounds beast hahah

needmorecowbell said:
I do t think I could balance lol. Plus with my luck u would stab myself with the board accidentally while falling.

Haha well i havent done it yet, so i think you should be safe rocky 8)

SwimsWithFish said:
:band:woah. those things are AWSOME!!!! how much would it cost in all to set up a habitat?!?!? can i find everything i need at petsmart?

I have one! But would like to give him away:/ i have no time for him

SwimsWithFish said:

Lol like nothing..use an old 10g tank, get some rocks from your backyard, but some heat pads or lamp, mealworms, waterbowl. Not much!

That's sounds awsome! How much for the initial set up? I'm on a website right now reading about them:)

Back
Top Bottom