Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's probably phosphates in your tap. That's what's feeding the diatoms. What conditioner do you use? You should look into rodi water from your lfs. It's cheap here, 50¢ a gallon.

SwimsWithFish said:
There's probably phosphates in your tap. That's what's feeding the diatoms. What conditioner do you use? You should look into rodi water from your lfs. It's cheap here, 50¢ a gallon.

Ya, ours is 37 cents per gallon here. Im going to do my initial fill-up with tap, but ro/di from there on out

I dont think it's goi g to be worth buying all that water and needing some place to store it. In the long run, it's going to be easier and cheaper to just buy the system. For the time being I may have to just buy it from a store though. I checked some local stores and no one seems to sell it.. Will distilled water work?

You can buy it or DIY by boiling water and sending the steam through a cold copper tube so it condenses. It's like how they make whiskey.

Back
Top Bottom