Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to the store to get 5 gallons of water and I will see how much of a change that will be. I also am looking for a rodi unit, what is the 60$ one called that Carey mentioned and where can i find it?

Yep, I put mine in an old yankee candle bag when I'm not using it. I got the gardenhose attachment with mine, you just have to ask for which one you want. :)

carey said:
Yep, I put mine in an old yankee candle bag when I'm not using it. I got the gardenhose attachment with mine, you just have to ask for which one you want. :)

Hm, garden hose?

I make my water from the gardenhouse outside on my deck. I keep my 32g brute trash can out there too. :)

You can get an adpator for hard plumb into your sink, a faucet adaptor or the garden hose adaptor.

carey said:
I make my water from the gardenhouse outside on my deck. I keep my 32g brute trash can out there too. :)

You can get an adpator for hard plumb into your sink, a faucet adaptor or the garden hose adaptor.

Hey carey and mattias! Off topic, but i just bought a 30 gallon of cl! Im gunna make a build thread! Check it out!

Sorry, off topic, but i am pumped!!

Update

I purchased another timer for my light schedule which is now fully set up and looking nice. I also bought 5 gallons of distilled water. It was 88 cents a gallon. I will be asking for that Rodi unit for Christmas. It seems like everything is starting to come together now in the tank and I'm quite excited for December 3rd, when I'll be adding most of my low biological load livestock. I might buy my cardinal there also. The trates are still at >5 but no change in the diatoms, if anything it's increasing. Its mostly on the sand and rock because it's so easy to wipe off of glass. Also, Over the past week I've been seeing a lot of broken white shells and chips of things rise to the sand. Is that my cuc digging things out of the sand or is it them tearing my rockwork apart? It doesnt look much like my rock though..

needmorecowbell said:
Update

I purchased another timer for my light schedule which is now fully set up and looking nice. I also bought 5 gallons of distilled water. It was 88 cents a gallon. I will be asking for that Rodi unit for Christmas. It seems like everything is starting to come together now in the tank and I'm quite excited for December 3rd, when I'll be adding most of my low biological load livestock. I might buy my cardinal there also. The trates are still at >5 but no change in the diatoms, if anything it's increasing. Its mostly on the sand and rock because it's so easy to wipe off of glass. Also, Over the past week I've been seeing a lot of broken white shells and chips of things rise to the sand. Is that my cuc digging things out of the sand or is it them tearing my rockwork apart? It doesnt look much like my rock though..

Looks good! Are they hermit shells? Doesnt seem that they could chip off rock!

needmorecowbell said:
They aren't from the hermit shells I bought. They are chalky white.

Thats weird, then. Are the hermits and snails doing a good job of keeping your tank pretty tidy?

I didn't get any snails yet as I was told by the lfs that I didn't need them right now. It surprised me that they said that and didnt just try to get more profit. The hermits are doing a pretty good job at cleaning but it could be better. I still have a decent amount of diatoms so I can't really say they are that great.

Back
Top Bottom