Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep I'm happy their gone... Or less in quantity. Theyre still on the sand but that's pretty much it. I know it's a good thing but tue Copepods are making the tank look cloudy when I clean the glass lol. It kinda looks like a snowglobe haha.

needmorecowbell said:
Yep I'm happy their gone... Or less in quantity. Theyre still on the sand but that's pretty much it. I know it's a good thing but tue Copepods are making the tank look cloudy when I clean the glass lol. It kinda looks like a snowglobe haha.

Hahah if your tank was an orb, than it would!! Thats great news! When shall you add some of your first fish, and maybe an invert??!

Soon, hopefully in a week or two. Needs to be pretty cheap and the places like that are a little less than an hour away

needmorecowbell said:
Soon, hopefully in a week or two. Needs to be pretty cheap and the places like that are a little less than an hour away

Ah, yes. Niw that im starting sw, i feel ya on the money side of things haha :) what will be your first fish and inverts?

Spunds good! Question, when you cycle your tank does the live rock keep it cycled? Do you have tk add some CUC to keep it cycled?

Update

I was looking at the tank today and sow some sprouts of plant.. I'm guessing macro algae? Also, there are hermit crab legs in the front of my tank.... It doesn't have a shell. Should I be worried? I didn't take it out yet. Should I? I think it died naturally because one of them wasnt moving for a pretty long time. It didn't look alive but I wasn't too worried at the time.
Also, happy thanksgiving to all the people who celebrate it and have a good day to everyone else!

For all of those who have troubles with salt creep removal, a mixture of vinegar and water in a squirt bottle works great. Ive been cleaning my light off with it.

Update

Bad news.. I found another dead hermit crab. The two dead ones are in the same condition. No shell to be found and only legs left. Does anyone have an idea on this? I'm nervous to put any livestock in it until I have a good idea what's happening

needmorecowbell said:
Update

Bad news.. I found another dead hermit crab. The two dead ones are in the same condition. No shell to be found and only legs left. Does anyone have an idea on this? I'm nervous to put any livestock in it until I have a good idea what's happening

Are the other hermits killing them? I have heard of other hermits killing bugger ones to take their shells. Possibly?

I'm not sure.. I don't think there is a shrimp though.. I haven't heard any clicking. Water parameters are perfect also.

Update

Umm I found a mini jellyfish?!?! also, the hermit crabs are dying of starvation. They are eating the dead bodies.. I really need a bioload

needmorecowbell said:
I'm going to the store Sunday and pics of the tank are coming in the very near future

Cool cool! Gettin your firat fish? Those hermits doin okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom