Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey cow bell, i have a question. How long do you think it would take a frag the size you just bought to grow to respectable size? Like 4-5 inches wide

Is it normal for a clownfish to LOVE bubble algae? My clown devoured every bubble on the frags in a night. Also, my emerald crab was nibbling on a clump of macro algae, wish I couldve got a pic. It was funny. I'm going to have to buy some epoxy at some point because the snails and hermits keep moving stuff. I found out the mystery corals are blastomussa and another species of acan.

You flipped the two around lol. The first is acan second is blastomussa. I checked to see how they ate and looked at similar coral pics to see.

Update

To begin, I got stuff!! I received a refractometer, rodi unit, and 1 fish or coral colony of my choice. The rodi unit is great, I've made about 3 gallons but now I have a lot of waste water.. The refractometer is the Wrong type I think, it has like 5-28 in measurements. I'm really not sure what I'm getting today or tomorrow at the store, any ideas? I was thinking toadstool or something. Is there any equipment or food that I'm looking like I'm in need of?

Duncan's are soft. Hard corals are like acropora millipora and montipora. Staghorn is another type and it's a beginner coral but I don't really like it all that much.

needmorecowbell said:
Duncan's are soft. Hard corals are like acropora millipora and montipora. Staghorn is another type and it's a beginner coral but I don't really like it all that much.

So could you get duncans?

There are easier types of SPS such as montipora and stylophora, but ALL SPS need really pristine water conditions and are less forgiving to poor water conditions or swings. It's also really good to have reef salt and not regular I/O. (not sure what your using, can't remember).

TLTGF said:
There are easier types of SPS such as montipora and stylophora, but ALL SPS need really pristine water conditions and are less forgiving to poor water conditions or swings. It's also really good to have reef salt and not regular I/O. (not sure what your using, can't remember).

I don't have reef io but I could switch over to it, it's about time to buy more anyways. My water is pristine right now but Im going to buy a fish in a few hours so nitrates may go up for a week or two until the bacteria reproduces to match my needs. Think I should hold off on a Monti cap?

I didn't have the best trates (around 20-30) and my Monti was still thriving and growing, but the consensus that I keep hearing is that they are very picky. A skimmer with SPS is almost always recommended, but again I havent gotten mine yet either.

Update

I got even more stuff! Lol, I bought 1 colony of candycane, 2 frags, 25 cured frag plugs, a bottle of superglue gel, and a Bangaii cardinal. The two frags are a pinkish montipora with red circles on it and another zoa with a neon green center and green tentacles. It all looks good right now!

needmorecowbell said:
Update

I got even more stuff! Lol, I bought 1 colony of candycane, 2 frags, 25 cured frag plugs, a bottle of superglue gel, and a Bangaii cardinal. The two frags are a pinkish montipora with red circles on it and another zoa with a neon green center and green tentacles. It all looks good right now!

Wow! You arent taking it too slow anymore, leaps and bounds now!!! Pictures!

I like the choice of the cardinal, very cool.
And those colonys! I cant wait to see them.

Question, why all the plugs?

Back
Top Bottom