Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #421
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
And also, I've been in the hobby for about 4 years now. Before this project, I had a gecko for about 3 months. It all started with a betta when I was 11. Then i upgraded to a ten gallon tank with an African cichlid.. I know it was a bad move lol. I started breeding German blue rams in it and was pretty successful until I got hair algae. Then I bought my 30 gallon and did a small African cichlid tank, a community tank, and a planted tank. The planted is where I messed stuff up. I almost caught my house on fire, I used a homemade sump, and wasn't taking care of the plants lime I should've. I turned it into a gecko tank with an albino leucistic leopard gecko and now have this which I will stick with till college. That's pretty much it
Holy poop! OCD much?? Haha and what happened to your geckos? They live for 20+ years! Uou better stick with this until at LEAST college with all this planning

Old 11-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #422
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:

Lol I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I live in Pittsburgh and only see small lakes and 3 rivers...
Ok i know what he means. Haha i am a beach freak. 2 surfboards, tons of body boarding stuff, winter wetsuit...ya, i gottcha hahah

Old 11-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #423
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:

Lol I was traveling through a state last night unexpectedly, my coach told me I had a fight in Ohio and that I should go. I got home at 1 feeling like crap, although I did okay in the fight but still lost. Still, I'm back now though lol, you definitely do need to keep me I'm Check, I would probably do something incredibly stupid haha
Boxing! Thats bossanova! So, do you like run through the streets of pittsburg with your hood up at one in the morning? Punch meat like its nobodys buisness? Lol ok im done haha....are you the cinderella man?? Lol ok now im done
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #424
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Holy poop! OCD much?? Haha and what happened to your geckos? They live for 20+ years! Uou better stick with this until at LEAST college with all this planning
Lol there want anything wrong with the geckos It was just to keep me occupied until I had a saltwater. And yes, with all this planning I'll be fragging stuff until I'm like 20 haha
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #425
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Ok i know what he means. Haha i am a beach freak. 2 surfboards, tons of body boarding stuff, winter wetsuit...ya, i gottcha hahah
Nice! I've always wanted to learn how to surf, but definitely not in the winter lol
Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #426
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol are geckos fun?! ive always been interested in them.. can you give me a ink with info about caring for them? ive been looking for something to do after i get my reef set up. at first i was thinking snakes but idk. also, do you have to frag corals? will they overgrow eachother? who do you sell the frags to?
lol lots of questions sorry

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #427
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Boxing! Thats bossanova! So, do you like run through the streets of pittsburg with your hood up at one in the morning? Punch meat like its nobodys buisness? Lol ok im done haha....are you the cinderella man?? Lol ok now im done
Lol I don't really run too much, I run about a mile or two a day. Pretty pathetic compared to some people. And I've never punched meat, I kinda feel the urge to at times though haha, and I could never be cinderella man, too much of a beast.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #428
Aquarium Advice Addict

i LOVE surfing. its beast. i only get to go like once year though..

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #429
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimsWithFish
lol are geckos fun?! ive always been interested in them.. can you give me a ink with info about caring for them? ive been looking for something to do after i get my reef set up. at first i was thinking snakes but idk. also, do you have to frag corals? will they overgrow eachother? who do you sell the frags to?
lol lots of questions sorry
Well, I'm on the app so I can't give you a link, but if you just type leopard gecko care on google it should pop up and have some great links. I really wanted a ball python but my mom didn't like the whole dead mouse thing lol. And you do kinda have to frag corals at some point or they will have chemical warfare on each other. I will most likely trade corals with my local reef club once a month and sell them on craigslist and my local lfs.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #430
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimsWithFish
i LOVE surfing. its beast. i only get to go like once year though..
I do t think I could balance lol. Plus with my luck u would stab myself with the board accidentally while falling.

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com