Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Update

I just got home to find the water level very low. But that's the only bad thing. I bought 5 corals from worldwidecorals.com and they are acclimating as I post. I bought a ricordea, stylophora, acropora, frogspawn, and palythoa. I got the acro and paly free. I just wanted to see if I could keep an acro and it seems like its doing well. Good polyp extension and color. The paly on the other hand doesn't look so hot. Very closed up and just not looking well at all. The frogspawn is neon and doing great. Same with the ricordea. Stylophora has good polyp extension but I don't know how well it's doing.. Does anyone have tips on the stylo and the paly? I hope they can do well. I am going to move my candycane lower in the tank because its kinda shrunken. Also, what placement should I have with the frogspawn? Sorry for all the questions and info in one post lol.

I also never have any luck with palys, zoo's, mushrooms and the such. They never seem to open, but I have daily visible growth in my SPS. I've actually put it down to the water being to clean as whenever I test the water the results are always sparkling.

Plain and simple. Your tank needs to stop being better than mine.

On a serious note, I ordered new lights for my T5. Be able to support SPS with them :D

Some nice picks for corals btw.

Belladog0 said:
If your tank is only ten gallons you do not need a sump.

No the sump would only be ten gallons. Also, I understand where your coming from but I disagree. It's always better to have more water. A 10 gallon tank could have a 50 gallon sump. It's just the look you want and how much room you have under the stand or on the other side of the wall.

Sniperhank said:
Plain and simple. Your tank needs to stop being better than mine.

On a serious note, I ordered new lights for my T5. Be able to support SPS with them :D

Some nice picks for corals btw.

Lol thanks! That's great! I really can't wait to trade some at some point. I got a nice branch of kryptonite candy cane ready to be fragged.

Leighton79 said:
I also never have any luck with palys, zoo's, mushrooms and the such. They never seem to open, but I have daily visible growth in my SPS. I've actually put it down to the water being to clean as whenever I test the water the results are always sparkling.

For me, I don't see much growth in the sps but tons in the softies and my acans. The paly is finally opening up and is absolute stunning. It has an orangey red center with almost black tentacles. It's still partially closed though. I'm very happy that I haven't had a problem with nitrates ( knock on wood). Also, what should I do if I have green algae on the sides of my glass. It's kinda hard to get of compared to the diatoms. I'm pretty sure it's normal but I'm just checking.

Looking great! Your candy cane is ready to frag? I'm jealous. My frag is showing minimal growth...if any and the second one I bought is a nice piece of LR. Makes me scratch my head...my duncans are doing amazing though. The third head is growing rapidly now that all my softies are gone and it looks like it might be starting to grow a fourth head. Have new lights and another PH ordered so that will help drastically. You'll have to tell me how your frogspawn does with your hermits. I've held off on them because I read that they have issues living together.

Nice!! How big? Found some candycanes for 10 bucks yesterday! Haha also a cool little frag of frogspawn for 10

Thanks! i like them both pretty much equally. i just like how i can fit as many corals as i want in the tank and not worry about trates. If i had a bigger tank i think i would like fish more though.. i dont test for anything other than trates, which is 2ish right now, and ph. i have other basic ones but i dont really need them at this point. A nice test kit will probably be my next purchase. maybe even before my goby :/

also, i will be posting all of my pics in the gallery. ive been deleting earlier ones.

heres the last of em...

Never mind about the whole gallery thing. Ill try to find somewhere else to put them. There is a limit on the gallery.

I glued all of my corals but one. When I finished the fourth.. My clown bit me! He won't let me put my hand in the water now!

Back
Top Bottom