Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #551
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Yep, I put mine in an old yankee candle bag when I'm not using it. I got the gardenhose attachment with mine, you just have to ask for which one you want.
Hm, garden hose?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #552
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I make my water from the gardenhouse outside on my deck. I keep my 32g brute trash can out there too.

You can get an adpator for hard plumb into your sink, a faucet adaptor or the garden hose adaptor.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #553
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I make my water from the gardenhouse outside on my deck. I keep my 32g brute trash can out there too.

You can get an adpator for hard plumb into your sink, a faucet adaptor or the garden hose adaptor.
Hey carey and mattias! Off topic, but i just bought a 30 gallon of cl! Im gunna make a build thread! Check it out!

Sorry, off topic, but i am pumped!!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #554
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good for you! I'll look for the thread!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #555
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats! And thanks for the links everyone!
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #556
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update

I purchased another timer for my light schedule which is now fully set up and looking nice. I also bought 5 gallons of distilled water. It was 88 cents a gallon. I will be asking for that Rodi unit for Christmas. It seems like everything is starting to come together now in the tank and I'm quite excited for December 3rd, when I'll be adding most of my low biological load livestock. I might buy my cardinal there also. The trates are still at >5 but no change in the diatoms, if anything it's increasing. Its mostly on the sand and rock because it's so easy to wipe off of glass. Also, Over the past week I've been seeing a lot of broken white shells and chips of things rise to the sand. Is that my cuc digging things out of the sand or is it them tearing my rockwork apart? It doesnt look much like my rock though..
Old 11-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #557
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Update

I purchased another timer for my light schedule which is now fully set up and looking nice. I also bought 5 gallons of distilled water. It was 88 cents a gallon. I will be asking for that Rodi unit for Christmas. It seems like everything is starting to come together now in the tank and I'm quite excited for December 3rd, when I'll be adding most of my low biological load livestock. I might buy my cardinal there also. The trates are still at >5 but no change in the diatoms, if anything it's increasing. Its mostly on the sand and rock because it's so easy to wipe off of glass. Also, Over the past week I've been seeing a lot of broken white shells and chips of things rise to the sand. Is that my cuc digging things out of the sand or is it them tearing my rockwork apart? It doesnt look much like my rock though..
Looks good! Are they hermit shells? Doesnt seem that they could chip off rock!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #558
Aquarium Advice Addict

They aren't from the hermit shells I bought. They are chalky white.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #559
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
They aren't from the hermit shells I bought. They are chalky white.
Thats weird, then. Are the hermits and snails doing a good job of keeping your tank pretty tidy?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #560
Aquarium Advice Addict

I didn't get any snails yet as I was told by the lfs that I didn't need them right now. It surprised me that they said that and didnt just try to get more profit. The hermits are doing a pretty good job at cleaning but it could be better. I still have a decent amount of diatoms so I can't really say they are that great.

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com