Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol I know! I made it big because my LEDs are a little too strong for my system. I do have one big panel that flips all the way up, but I would like two smaller doors on the panel so it is less bland.

Great video adam!! I watched the whole thing and it was worth it :) i love the stunner, that think it awesome. Keep it up!

Hahaha oh ya you, mattias, and i are going to meet in texas and have a frag trade :) lol

I cant even imagine building a canopy for my tank, thats straight up awesome. Great job!

I like how you tried to make the coral placements look more natural, i honestly hate frag plugs.

Lol thatd be cool. Thanks, I'm liking it wish it was smaller though. Ive been slowly taking corals off plugs, the bonsai and the frogspawn are the newer ones that still hadn't encrusted the plug completely.

Update
I bought a flame hawkfish today! Ive been talking about buying fish and finally got to it. now I just need the midas blenny and ill be good. I did a good job acclimating, no aggression whatsoever with the 6 line.
img_2001134_0_57218abf7a72b262eccd38f60f6942f4.jpg
img_2001134_1_35fff8713b059c578b2c0d3b7f8b906f.jpg
img_2001134_2_6a1dedbcaf5ee1f6e8e919f9af74ebdf.jpg
img_2001134_3_35b726cb538931127191e5d98172c692.jpg
img_2001134_4_5e647d929c509bcce80c5261633a87f0.jpg
img_2001134_5_f08298dae41e13a719d1ad55d4c4fb99.jpg

the hawkfish has now chosen it's home, its not moving lol. It picked the Koralia at the top left of the tank. It perches there and won't move even if I move the pump. Its almost like he's being hosted by it, really cute. He snugs into the crevice between the magnet and motor, it's pretty funny. Crazy eater, almost scary.

The 6 line is being great about it. He flared his fins a few times and now is kinda scared of it, thank god the hawkfish is bigger, although I don't think it would've mattered, my bangai slightly bullies the wrasse rather than vice versa.

Just a question, could I add green chromis to my tank? If I can, how many could I add without being overstocked? This would be instead of the midas Blenny so my fish would be 1 flame hawk, 1 bangaii cardinal, and 1 six line wrasse.

needmorecowbell said:
Just a question, could I add green chromis to my tank? If I can, how many could I add without being overstocked? This would be instead of the midas Blenny so my fish would be 1 flame hawk, 1 bangaii cardinal, and 1 six line wrasse.

Hmm..i like them..but i think they look cooler in larger schools in bigger tanks. I'd say 2-3 though.

Dude..bought a flamehawk today to copy you..great fish:)

It's not for me, it's for my mom, I personally don't like them unless they are in schools. I'm worried about adding three, I'd like some more opinions on it if anyone would care to share their input.

Your bro told me, can't wait to check out the thread!

Haha your such a nice kid! Haha why does she want them? I mean they are cool, but i agree, they are really only cool if kept in a school. Maybe you could get 4 or so smaller ones? Those things can get big though! Also, i know you have nitrataphobia so that many fish might be bad for you :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha your such a nice kid! Haha why does she want them? I mean they are cool, but i agree, they are really only cool if kept in a school. Maybe you could get 4 or so smaller ones? Those things can get big though! Also, i know you have nitrataphobia so that many fish might be bad for you :)

Lol she just practically gave me a laptop, well not really, I have to babysit a month for free and she has a job but it's still an amazing gift so id like to be nice and get some stuff, plus Its super cool for me too. I would get three max, not sure if I could mentally handle anymore lol. Your right, I have that phobia, It's horrible, but at least it's a better phobia to have.

Well, I have an issue. I came back from a 3 day vacation, and my bryopsis issue has gotten worse. I'm doing bigger pwc from now on, but I just don't think it will slow it. I'm not raising my mag and I've already tried h2o2.. So I'm going to keep tearing it out but it's starting to get tough..

Worst case scenario, I have to remove things that contribute to nutrient levels, fish.. Don't want to do that whatsoever but I don't want a messy tank... Best case, it stops by itself and I keep doing my thing. Any advice? I'm pretty worried, as there aren't many great ways to get rid of it and it seems it comes back for most people.

Thanks, I'm going to try to add an emerald crab and I can borrow a lettuce slug from my reef club, so I might be okay for a little bit. I'll try that before going nuts and being a coral only tank, or one fish.

They are more of a threat to shrimp. It's worth a shot anyways, if not, it's just an 8$ meal.. The hawk hasn't eaten any of my snails or hermits yet.

Back
Top Bottom