Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll look at them, not sure if they will help me much though. I think I'll just be buying distilled for a while until I have the money to get a unit.

img_2107919_0_9c1d5aece5f73741f26727778e57d81c.jpg
img_2107919_1_e6fdb60fef9937235762a146f114c0d5.jpg
img_2107919_2_f9132ba52dc294dbc5776928d4a6d5f7.jpg
img_2107919_3_517e4ae0f7e148743bf083f331fa8907.jpg
img_2107919_4_57d133968ba3c189f1addc7fdeac549c.jpg
img_2107919_5_bbbc94d8253a48f7aa30167c185876bb.jpg

Looks great dude!! Haha i wish i had some of those zoas!!!! :)

Your making me want a bangaii cardinal....... I have room in my stock too.... Hmm

needmorecowbell said:
Lol thanks, you should get one, they are nice. Mines active but I've heard most are floaters

Ya dude there are honestly soo many options i doubt i will ever buy another fish..... :eek:

Anyways, great tank. Looks awesome. I wish i could see it in person!

Lol in all honesty, I think the tank looks like crap right now. Some of the corals are losing their color and the bryopsis is annoying my zoas badly. Once I do something with my rodi I think I'll be good. But that's easier said than done :(

I really like that chalice. Dang looks great..

Could i get a pic of the byprosis? I would like to see it

Looks a lot better bare bottom and looks like them zoas doubled in size lol

Is that a Hollywood chalice I saw in there? I've been wanting one of those!! Love your bangaii-I have 2, and they're just cool. :) your tank is looking great!!

Mrc8858 said:
Looks a lot better bare bottom and looks like them zoas doubled in size lol

Thanks! It's still not completely bare, I was going to do a few water changes this week to finish it off, but now that my rodi unit is broken...

And they have grown, definitely encrusted a little to the rock it's on. The things that have grown the most are the slimer and the stylo. I'm going to post before after pics soon, it's crazy.

Beengirl said:
Is that a Hollywood chalice I saw in there? I've been wanting one of those!! Love your bangaii-I have 2, and they're just cool. :) your tank is looking great!!

Yes it is! I got it for free and it grows sooo fast for me. I've made 4 frags and it's always healed up. Thanks!

needmorecowbell said:
Yes it is! I got it for free and it grows sooo fast for me. I've made 4 frags and it's always healed up. Thanks!

You got it for free??!! That's awesome!!! At one of the LFS here, they have a good sized one for $60, or very small frags of it for $10. Debating which way to go ...my b-day is later this month, so that big one might be what I ask for from hubby. :) or maybe I'll buy it for myself for my bday!! :) and ask for a new bubble coral for bday from hubby since he killed my last bubble coral.

Beengirl said:
You got it for free??!! That's awesome!!! At one of the LFS here, they have a good sized one for $60, or very small frags of it for $10. Debating which way to go ...my b-day is later this month, so that big one might be what I ask for from hubby. :) or maybe I'll buy it for myself for my bday!! :) and ask for a new bubble coral for bday from hubby since he killed my last bubble coral.

Check craigslist or a local reef club, someone probably has it. I would get the bigger one but that's Just me. Bubble corals are great, happy early birthday!

My next coral (whenever that will be) is going to be a hammer or some other flowy lps. I was really thinking of selling most of my delicate corals and go fowlr/kinda reef, but I just don't know jf I could. I'm going to be getting my permit in a month or so and I'm sure gas isn't cheap. Can't get a job yet so idk.. Is there any way to lower the cost of this once your into the hobby this far?

I'm thinking about buying a small pump so I can make the ro canister a gfo reactor. I'm a bit worried I won't do it Right and I can't find much info about it. Any help would be appreciated.

needmorecowbell said:
Check craigslist or a local reef club, someone probably has it. I would get the bigger one but that's Just me. Bubble corals are great, happy early birthday!

My next coral (whenever that will be) is going to be a hammer or some other flowy lps. I was really thinking of selling most of my delicate corals and go fowlr/kinda reef, but I just don't know jf I could. I'm going to be getting my permit in a month or so and I'm sure gas isn't cheap. Can't get a job yet so idk.. Is there any way to lower the cost of this once your into the hobby this far?

I'm thinking about buying a small pump so I can make the ro canister a gfo reactor. I'm a bit worried I won't do it Right and I can't find much info about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Well lps is really great looking, hardy, and colorful...thats a good way to go to! Not to mention cheaper.

Adam..i honestly dont spend much on the tank anymore. When i have money, i just buy misc things and coral.

Yeah I gotcha.. Once I get my algae in control and my rodi unit I dont think I'll spend much either.

Here's the bryopsis

Attachments

• image-2406988103.jpg
    image-2406988103.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 69
needmorecowbell said:
Yeah I gotcha.. Once I get my algae in control and my rodi unit I dont think I'll spend much either.

Here's the bryopsis

Ya man. I mean, jack and i have spent a ton in the past. But weve been working alot. Are there any little jobs you can do? Mow lawns, clean windows, help train boxers with your coach even? You just gotta be creative..you dont need a REAL job

Gboy66 said:
Ya man. I mean, jack and i have spent a ton in the past. But weve been working alot. Are there any little jobs you can do? Mow lawns, clean windows, help train boxers with your coach even? You just gotta be creative..you dont need a REAL job

Yeah I've been babysitting a lot but i get it monthly so it's hard. Ive started dog sitting so I'll be getting money soon. About 70$..

needmorecowbell said:

Thanks!! Yeah, gotta check into a local reefers club, keep forgetting to do that. Good luck with your tank!!

Back
Top Bottom