Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
I'm alright with either of them. I haven't been to Elmer's in a while, if you haven't been there ever, you should at least once. I think I still have a few bucks credit from when I bought a freshwater fish that died lol.

Do they have a frag tank?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol sexy shrimp are so small i dont see why you cant add as many as you can afford... Haha

Yeah, but I'm trying to be really delicate with my bioload, even with shrimp. I decided to really clean the tank today and found lots of bryopsis I didn't see. Hopefully it goes away with water changes.. Speaking of, my heater for the reservoir is broken. Ugh.

needmorecowbell said:
Yeah, but I'm trying to be really delicate with my bioload, even with shrimp. I decided to really clean the tank today and found lots of bryopsis I didn't see. Hopefully it goes away with water changes.. Speaking of, my heater for the reservoir is broken. Ugh.

Gosh dang. I really wish we lived closer lol

Why not a cleaner? Easier to see and still not much of a bioload!

Gboy66 said:
Gosh dang. I really wish we lived closer lol

Why not a cleaner? Easier to see and still not much of a bioload!

Well, I told my friend about sexy shrimp for some reason and he fell in love with them due to the name (both scientific and common: Thor and sexy) and he begged me to get it for his bday. I would get another fire because I had such a good experience with them though. If you didn't know, he used to play on my hand and try to clean my fingers when I put my hand in the tank. He had a bad molt and died in February.. Or maybe April, I forget.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Yeah adam we have a heater not being used that we bought specifically for a 30 gallon tank! :eek:

it's alright, I have an hob heater, Idk how I'll use it though, because of the water level always fluctuating.

needmorecowbell said:
Yeah, 15$ here, no way im buying 5 lol..

That's how I felt about my skunk cleaners so I waited and waited and after waiting about 4 months they finally went on sale for $17.99 so I had them order in 5 and picked my favorite 3... They are my one of my favorite things in my tank :)

Mrc8858 said:
That's how I felt about my skunk cleaners so I waited and waited and after waiting about 4 months they finally went on sale for $17.99 so I had them order in 5 and picked my favorite 3... They are my one of my favorite things in my tank :)

I couldn't agree more. I adore cleaners more than most fish.

Well, I'm going to start with an emerald crab for sure, the last one I had ate bubble algae and bryopsis, wish I still had him. Then I'm gonna get a shrimp, I really miss my fire shrimp the more I think about it. I don't think my tank is stable enough for an anemone yet, but soon it will be on the list lol.

I agree about the cleaners being cooler too, they are soo much fun to look at.

needmorecowbell said:
Well, I'm going to start with an emerald crab for sure, the last one I had ate bubble algae and bryopsis, wish I still had him. Then I'm gonna get a shrimp, I really miss my fire shrimp the more I think about it. I don't think my tank is stable enough for an anemone yet, but soon it will be on the list lol.

I agree about the cleaners being cooler too, they are soo much fun to look at.

What happened to your emerald?

I dont know why, but my inverts die. Ive lost like 3 snails, 3 hermits, a cleaner, a peppermint, and a pistol. I got over it and bought a flamehawk. I just dont know why they die...

Not stable enough? Ah cmon it really is. I dont want to pressure you...but my tank was younger than yours and the nem is doing perfectly, adam! And now that you have that rodi, you will definitly be able to keep up on those PWC's.

Gboy66 said:
What happened to your emerald?

I dont know why, but my inverts die. Ive lost like 3 snails, 3 hermits, a cleaner, a peppermint, and a pistol. I got over it and bought a flamehawk. I just dont know why they die...

Not stable enough? Ah cmon it really is. I dont want to pressure you...but my tank was younger than yours and the nem is doing perfectly, adam! And now that you have that rodi, you will definitly be able to keep up on those PWC's.

Just died, maybe lack of food. I've had the same luck with inverts. And did the same thing lol!

Id like to get the gfo reactor and the heater before so I can do pwc and not worry about algae. I went to the lfs today, but it was the really overpriced one so I didn't buy the heater, which wouldve been 50$

Well, the tank is finally looking nice!! Im going to take pics once I put the filter sock back in. Ive done two big water changes this week and all of the corals are thanking me.

to people who are wondering which rodi unit to get... GET A BRS ONE! They are great, I'm in love with my, I've named him rodrick.

needmorecowbell said:
Well, the tank is finally looking nice!! Im going to take pics once I put the filter sock back in. Ive done two big water changes this week and all of the corals are thanking me.

to people who are wondering which rodi unit to get... GET A BRS ONE! They are great, I'm in love with my, I've named him rodrick.

LOL! You crack me up! Rodrick? I'm glad to hear that your corals are happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom