Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
Oohhh its on the left of the picture. Wow it too has gotten a lot more color and it looks like its grown some

I guess I haven't really noticed it.. It has gotten pretty bright green, almost a pastel. Ive just been looking at all the algae I'm dealing with.. Which is finally going away!! Once I get the gfo in my tank, I'll be ready for fish. And a nem :D

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dude i love your red and blue zoas! What are they called?!

Thanks! They are kedd reds I think, that's the closest Id I could find. Theyve really grown for me. I got them from mrc!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dude i love your red and blue zoas! What are they called?!

Already told grant I may be willing to ship it to you guys since I still have extra frags so maybe you'll get a few things for Christmas ;)

needmorecowbell said:
Umm, maybe we could pair up with the shipping, then I could give them some stuff too!!!

Sounds good if I decide to ill let you know and visa versa :)

Mrc8858 said:
Sounds good if I decide to ill let you know and visa versa :)

Alright, cool beans.

Any stocking ideas for the tank? Im not really sure what I should do. And if a nem is for me or not. I'd get either a rose or green bubble tip.

needmorecowbell said:
Alright, cool beans.

Any stocking ideas for the tank? Im not really sure what I should do. And if a nem is for me or not. I'd get either a rose or green bubble tip.

I like both the rose and green BTA's. and definitely a clown to host it.

Yeah dude i lovvveee my GBTA and black clown combo!! My profile pic is of him hosting it.... It looks super cool :D

needmorecowbell said:
Yeah, I'm just worried it would move everywhere and kill a bunch of corals instead of just one or two.

Always a possibility. But, yours has the option to stay on the glass ecause you have no sandbed. So yours could just stay down there instead of going onto the rocks!

I think before doing anything else to your tank stock wise you should decide whether you'll get a nem or not cause like you said they may kill everything inbetween point A and point B lol but honestly I wouldn't get one. You can find Aussie frogspawns hammers and torches with amazing color and they can't walk haha

Mrc8858 said:
I think before doing anything else to your tank stock wise you should decide whether you'll get a nem or not cause like you said they may kill everything inbetween point A and point B lol but honestly I wouldn't get one. You can find Aussie frogspawns hammers and torches with amazing color and they can't walk haha

This is exactly how I feel about it. Anemones sometimes stay put for ages and once the other corals really grow in they can get unsettled and go on a raid. The danger sometimes comes only after the tank matures and gets crowded. I admire people with the balls to keep them in a reef. I just never have the budget to chance it. When a reef gets overcrowded it's time to make extra money selling frags. When the nem runs short on room it sometimes goes on a rampage.

They're gorgeous though. I don't put lion fish in my tank... just in case. I shy from nems for the same reason. Beautiful but deadly is cool, but it's unnerving.

What's up Adam, I'm bout to sell a couple frags to a guy in your area and he offered to trade a wall hammer which I don't really want another hammer coral since I got my beautiful purple/purple hammer but thought I'd let you know about it since you might be able to get a deal. I think he will come off it for $25.

Attachments

• IMG956107.jpg
    IMG956107.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 54
Hmm, it depends on how far away he lives and if I have cash at the time. Hopefully I get some bday money soon and I can spend it on the hammer, it's beautiful lol.

Thanks for telling me!!!

needmorecowbell said:
Hmm, it depends on how far away he lives and if I have cash at the time. Hopefully I get some bday money soon and I can spend it on the hammer, it's beautiful lol.

Thanks for telling me!!!

No problem I got his number so just let me know. He's coming down tomorrow to grab some polyps and xenia off me which I might just make a trade for all the return plumbing I'm gonna need for my 6' plywood tank :)

Thought I would inform you today is the first day of 100% recovery on the birdsnest I got off you. Every branch has full polyp extension with new growth and beginning to fully color up with and almost neon green polyp and reddish brown body. Couldn't really capture the colors but you can see the nice polyp extension :) ..thanks Adam its becoming one of my favorite sps pieces in my tank lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121027_142811.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121027_142811.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom