Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Def price check around on clownfish. Now that Petco is carrying designer clowns, the price is def right if you like how they look. Good luck nem shopping, I'd have hooked you up with my gbta if I hadn't already traded it.

Def price check around on clownfish. Now that Petco is carrying designer clowns, the price is def right if you like how they look. Good luck nem shopping, I'd have hooked you up with my gbta if I hadn't already traded it.

Yeah ill be checking, thanks. They had no clarkii clowns or anemones... So I bought a bunch of coral like always!! Magician's palys, a spotted mushroom, a striped mushroom, some clove polyps, a pagoda cup, assorted zoas, and one head of kryptonite candycane! This time very healthy!! I'll still be on the lookout for the anemone and clown, Im really needing a new addition to my livestock lol.

I really should've said something earlier but.. I've been running skimmer less for like 2 months, just doing weekly water changes when I can. The airline was clogged with salt and I was super busy. Well, as of yesterday, I cleared it all out and its skimming like a beast. My tank was looking good before.. Maybe ill be completely algae free now! The Gfo reactor was a very, very good purchase. I recommend it!!!

I saw you mention you wanted a candy cane back on page 6 in 2011. Glad to hear you found a nice one.

I was looking to find out all of the equipment you're using on this tank. It's such a huge thread. Could you please list your equipment? I'm gearing up to start a new reef in the next couple of months.

I saw you mention you wanted a candy cane back on page 6 in 2011. Glad to hear you found a nice one.

I was looking to find out all of the equipment you're using on this tank. It's such a huge thread. Could you please list your equipment? I'm gearing up to start a new reef in the next couple of months.

Haha I used to have a huge colony of kryptonite candy cane, but it wasn't too healthy when I bought it and slowly withered away.

Well, I'm gonna try to list it all, sorry if I forget some though. I'm using..
1x 120w dimmable led light
1x 250gph koralia ph
1x 550gph koralia ph
1x h.o.b. overflow unit
1x 2lilfishies Gfo reactor with 180gph pump
1x Berlin triple pass skimmer with pump
1x mag 5 return pump.

Livestock:
1x clarkii clown fish
1x pajama cardinalfish
Some nassarius snails
Some hermits
A few brittle stars
Several bristle worms
Then lotsa coral.

Sorry If I missed something.

needmorecowbell said:
Oh and my ato with a toms aqua lifter pump.

If this is a 36" 30L then it's a whole lot like one of the 30s I had running for over 10 years. I had a HOB overflow with a refugium and a Berlin skimmer also. That tank just cranked out corals! I broke it down at the end of summer and gave it to my brother to use as the sump for his 75. The ballast for the HQI MH went out and then my IceCap ballast fried out soon after. I guess it's time for a new system.

About your ATO, I ordered one as a gift for my brother this Christmas and it doesn't work well with the lifter pump. Some people say they work and others say they don't draw enough current for the ATO to kick them on properly. He had to use a small RIO. Is your ATO working well with your lifter?

Aqualifters are great. I have one siphoning my overflow and the other as the ato on my 55 reef. Great little pumps. Only had one fail, but it was the result of several power failures, not anyone's fault but my power company.

Sniperhank said:
Aqualifters are great. I have one siphoning my overflow and the other as the ato on my 55 reef. Great little pumps. Only had one fail, but it was the result of several power failures, not anyone's fault but my power company.

I totally agree. I've used one for years on my overflow. Their low power consumption and reliability make em useful for tons of tank jobs. It's just one ATO unit I ordered from BRS that doesn't seem compatible with it. It isn't the lifter pump that doesn't want to be a team player, it's the ATO with the two float switches that's causing the issue. It works fine with a higher watt pump. I was just wondering if his ATO worked with his pump. Some people can use them. I probably should've ordered a different ATO controller. Still, it's very useable with a tiny RIO.

If this is a 36" 30L then it's a whole lot like one of the 30s I had running for over 10 years. I had a HOB overflow with a refugium and a Berlin skimmer also. That tank just cranked out corals! I broke it down at the end of summer and gave it to my brother to use as the sump for his 75. The ballast for the HQI MH went out and then my IceCap ballast fried out soon after. I guess it's time for a new system.

About your ATO, I ordered one as a gift for my brother this Christmas and it doesn't work well with the lifter pump. Some people say they work and others say they don't draw enough current for the ATO to kick them on properly. He had to use a small RIO. Is your ATO working well with your lifter?

Well if it ran for 10 years that's pretty reassuring for me!

The ato works great for me, nothing has broken yet! I wish I had a larger reservoir, but it does the job.

My dad went on a business trip to florida.. and he got me some corals!! he picked the ones he liked the most.. i nearly peed my pants when i saw them..
1x bubble gum monster chalice
1x mystic sunset monti
1x ricordea
1x prism favia

and now for a bunch of pics!!

img_2357766_0_c324b963ef2dd45e81a6c20f3f0b8c45.jpg

img_2357766_1_7754b2ccd296f36bbc34dc3d591a8af2.jpg

img_2357766_1_7754b2ccd296f36bbc34dc3d591a8af2.jpg

img_2357766_3_3de1f6df7ad47ab550dcf805f785ea7b.jpg

img_2357766_4_109f71ff9e8fe4929e2032db90c22c75.jpg

img_2357766_5_5473b89d1f51c8a2d915a623587bd6fb.jpg

img_2357766_6_46b5b6b6e1c56c1279d27b47b90cb2c6.jpg

img_2357766_7_b95415d49136990539217c6b851ab2fb.jpg

img_2357766_8_efc1303e2e92e7e32a763744953c5da6.jpg

img_2357766_9_4d48d56cb37b8e1d77907d07f857e767.jpg

img_2357766_10_6a20f630d23361ea3ae733e46839a5f2.jpg

img_2357766_11_886243e8a96a4bfd1b71d9f8236af5b8.jpg

All I can say is... WOW! Your tank looks top notch. And it's very awesome that your dad has taken notice of your level of dedication and care. What a great present he brought you. :)

All I can say is... WOW! Your tank looks top notch. And it's very awesome that your dad has taken notice of your level of dedication and care. What a great present he brought you. :)

Thanks :) it's got a lot of work to be done though! And yeah, it was a great present lol! He got the chalice for 35$... People are selling this coral for 150$ per head... I might just sell that one so I don't stress out over it dying because of me. My dad said that to make it fun for him, he wants some of the money I make off any frags from the corals he bought.

Thanks :) it's got a lot of work to be done though! And yeah, it was a great present lol! He got the chalice for 35$... People are selling this coral for 150$ per head... I might just sell that one so I don't stress out over it dying because of me. My dad said that to make it fun for him, he wants some of the money I make off any frags from the corals he bought.

If you sold it for $150 and gave him $45 (that way he made $10) you'd have $105 to get some other things!

Ask your dad if he is willing to adopt. I'm 29 with a full time salary position about to buy a new car. I am also house broken and put the seat down. Those pick ups are solid man, totally solid.

Are you kidding? I've never even seen three of those corals in a shop! I thought my parents were cool when they let me set up a reef tank just for them but I paid for nearly everything. Your dad rocks! My parents are worth twice their weight in gold but...

As always, thanks for posting all those beautiful pictures. (y)

If you sold it for $150 and gave him $45 (that way he made $10) you'd have $105 to get some other things!

Lol there's 3 heads!!! I wouldn't sell it for that much though, probably 125$ for the whole frag (still seems outrageous) but yeah, or maybe put a dent in savings for a car!

Back
Top Bottom