Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
I know it is, but it IS high quality.. And the next closest thing is a few hours away. I just can't do that. They are pretty much a monopoly.

Yeah I bet! Haha oh well... Why not online?

I didn't want to deal with that much die off and I got to pick out the rock with the stuff I picked. Got some macro algae and stuff :) no corals though

I agree. I won't be doing online either I just wanted to see what your reason was:D haha what kind of macro??

needmorecowbell said:
I didn't want to deal with that much die off and I got to pick out the rock with the stuff I picked. Got some macro algae and stuff :) no corals though

Haha pick out any nice pieces? The curved oves with overhangs are the best IMO for corals!!

needmorecowbell said:
Im paying my mom in my birthday because of it lol.

Hahahah now your moms rolling in cash right? Haha get her to make a donation to the tank! Haha

needmorecowbell said:
Yep I got a few good overhangs and funky pieces

Sick. Thats also a good part about not ordering! But you said no corals :/, do some of these pieces actually sometimes have small corals?! Thats intense

Ya some have softies if your lucky. And that's another reason for me getting the rock from my lfs, I got to pick it out.

Gboy66 said:
Hahahah now your moms rolling in cash right? Haha get her to make a donation to the tank! Haha

Lol her donation was the supplies. I paid the extra money she refused to pay. Every time I get a birthday card or something with money in it I just give it to her lol but it's worth it

Update

No readings yet.. I turned the skimmer off because I didn't want sand in the pump unless it needs to be. I have a heater and a bubbler in right now and when it clears up I'm going to turn the filter on. And my review on the skimmer: good but loud, really loud.

needmorecowbell said:
Update

No readings yet.. I turned the skimmer off because I didn't want sand in the pump unless it needs to be. I have a heater and a bubbler in right now and when it clears up I'm going to turn the filter on. And my review on the skimmer: good but loud, really loud.

Where is the tank? In your room?

needmorecowbell said:
Lol her donation was the supplies. I paid the extra money she refused to pay. Every time I get a birthday card or something with money in it I just give it to her lol but it's worth it

Hahah shes your bank. sounds great though man!! I just found out, our live rock at my lfs is 5 a pound..you could have saved a fortune!!

Lol It's okay.. Didn't make any more purchases and my base rock is coming in tonight or tomorrow. The water is clearing up pretty well.. I'm going to leave it alone until tomorrow so I can see when I put my rock in.

needmorecowbell said:
Lol It's okay.. Didn't make any more purchases and my base rock is coming in tonight or tomorrow. The water is clearing up pretty well.. I'm going to leave it alone until tomorrow so I can see when I put my rock in.

Haha you cant even see? Must be pretty cloudy!! Cool abt the base rock!! How many lbs again? Do you put base rock below the sand ever?

Update

Great news!!! I think I got a coral or something!!! Definitely not apstasia. It is hard, white, and looks like a root. If it's a coral it's dead.. But I have no clue what it is. I found it when i was breaking live rock for my filter. Also, I got my skimmer skimming lol. Needed to adjust the air, it's going great now.

Back
Top Bottom