This might be a really bad idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have looked at the Hanna checkers, but they are pretty expensive as you said. I'll look into buying Red Sea test. Can you buy them in a bundle like the Api kit or do they have to be bought separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Red Sea and salefirt both (pretty sure on the salefirt, but know Red Sea does) sell trace element kits (ca, all, mg) for a fair price

Alright I'll probably get the Red Sea test kits, I went ahead and did a pretty large water change and when I got closer to the bottom where my live rock is, it smelt like rotten eggs. It was the most horrible thing I have ever smelt. So I filled my bath tub with some water from the tank and put them in the tub. Took out all the water, and replaced it then I scrubbed my live rock with a tooth brush, in case it was die off. I have put it back in my tank now. Do you think it's okay to put it back in my tank? When I pulled them out of the water the rocks didn't smell bad anymore? I've had the rocks in my tank for about three weeks, I got the rock in about a month ago. I figured they have been cured right now but I think I got whatever it was out of my tank. So basically I'm asking if my live rock is okay to put back in my tank or should I take them back out?

I'm trying to read around and figure it out. Was it sulfur gas? Because I was stirring up my sand while I was at it? I have a 125g tank and 160 pounds of sand at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom