Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thoughts needed on new QT setup.

Setting up and breaking down the QT tank is getting old,I was thinking of setting it up and letting it run like a second tank... What do you think of putting a skilter filter on the 20 gal QT tank with a 10 gal sump along with normal water changes. or I could put my wet/dry filter on it and no protein skimmer then do pwc every so often... Im mixing some water today so any input would be fantastic... tia.

Old 01-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would think you would also need some source of ammonia in there at all times so the bacteria would have something to feed on to keep it cycled?

Old 01-21-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill
I would think you would also need some source of ammonia in there at all times so the bacteria would have something to feed on to keep it cycled?
I thought of that too, I was thinking when I do a water change on the main I could put a portion of that water in the QT or I could keep a fish in there also...

Tags
setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com