Threads ... wicked cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mojo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I only recently decided to establish a reef tank and am still in the research phase. I've read a few books but, from surfing this site, I find that the info contained in these forums is every bit as good or, in practical and application terms, far better than any book I've read. Question to the Administrator(s) ... How long do the old threads remain on this site? They are a great source of reference. Congrats (kudos) on a great site.

Mojo...

First... WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION!

Second...I think you'll find that the info you get on here far exceeds any that you will get in books.
1) Its much quicker. Got a question..post a thread...You'll usually have an answer with in a few hours.
2) We arent trying to sell you anything so we have no vested interest in your tank. Were just here to help! :wink:
3) We have all "been there..done that" and know what its like.

I have 2 suggestions though.

Always get more than one opinion...there is rarely ONE right way to do something.

And 2nd...There is an old saying "if you always do what you have always done, you'll always get what you have always got." In other words...if you like what you see in someones tank...listen to their advise. If you dont...might want to look else where for input.

Good luck! Let us know if we can help. :mrgreen:

SF,
Thanks for the prompt reply, and though I don't even have a tank yet, I am already hooked (pardon the pun). I am still interested in learning how long threads remain on the AA site. I think what I'll start doing (and this could be a new thread titled "Advice for Newbies") is copy and paste info from the forum into a new document on my computer so I can keep the good advice/info handy.

Check out my site. The link is at the bottom of this reply. It is an educational site specifically designed to be a easy to use library. Its still young, but my wife and I add to it everyday. It has everything from basics on how to set up a tank, how to build a fish trap (easy), what snails do what and live the longest, to lighting graphs.

If there is something else you think would be helpful on the site let me know.

Squishy

I am still interested in learning how long threads remain on the AA site.
I believe forever. You can look in the Archive forum to find older threads.

On the left side of the main page, click on the "articals" link. You will find tons of info there. Also spend a lot of time in the "getting started" forum and you will be well on your way.

SF, I've been to your site (have it bookmarked) and it's outstanding.
If there is something else you think would be helpful on the site let me know.

I'll get back to you on that.

I am still interested in learning how long threads remain on the AA site. I

Depends on where they were posted at. SW, FW and pond threads are archived after 6 months with no replies, but still accessible in the SW, FW and Pond Archives, some killer threads are moved to "Monster Islad" as necessary where they remain. Threads in the lounge are pruned after 6 months without a reply, I'd have to look up the other forums.

Back
Top Bottom