Tide pool aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably want to check if it's okay to take marine life from the ocean (without a license). I live 10 minutes from the beach and was thinking of having a cold water setup, but changed my mind after thinking about the different factors. You will probably need a chiller as 64-72ish is the ideal temp. If there's a way to do it and it's not illegal do it! :lol:

That would be awesome! Do you have any local aquariums?! I live in San Diego and we have sea world and it's so cool seeing the tanks representing our shores waters! But you are gonna need a good chiller like said above! The glass tharen tanks at seaworld are always freezing cold!

+1 for San Diego haha (I live there also). Also the birch aquarium is insanely awesome and most of their aquariums are coldwater, but there's a few that are tropical and the corals and fish are gorgeous. I was wondering if they had something like that in Maine too.

obscurereef said:
+1 for San Diego haha (I live there also). Also the birch aquarium is insanely awesome and most of their aquariums are coldwater, but there's a few that are tropical and the corals and fish are gorgeous. I was wondering if they had something like that in Maine too.

Yeah birch aquarium is great! :) that huge 2 story tank they have is awesome&'

We'll have to do some more research on beginning a tide pool aquarium. I believe a chiller is quite expensive.

We do have a Maine State Aquarium in Boothbay, but we haven't been there yet.

The New England Aquarium is a large aquarium in Boston about 2 hrs. from us. New England Aquarium Home They have a huge ocean tank, 3 floors tall and holds 200,000 gallons of saltwater. In this exibit they have a geen sea turtle, Kemp's ridley and loggerhead sea turtles, a nurse shark, barracuda, stingrays, moray eels and hundreds of reef fish. The aquarium is under construction right now though; it's suposed to be finished next July.

Back
Top Bottom