time for coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heightsboy 13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my tank up and running for about 6 months now. I've upgraded the lighting, water tests good and the fish I have are happy. I have 30lbs. of LR, 2 yellow tail damsels, 2 peppermint shrimp, and a chocolate chip starfish. What would most of u recommend for coral?

Hey heightsboy,
The first thing I would suggest is that you will have to get rid of the starfish, as it is not reef safe.
As for the coral, mushrooms and zoos are usually the best beginner corals.
What is your lighting, tank size and depth?

+1 on removing the star. I would also remove the damsels as they are nasty little buggers and go with some firefish in their place.

2 bulb. I have never seen fire fish lol. Yep still a noob at this lol.

heightsboy 13 said:
2 bulb. I have never seen fire fish lol. Yep still a noob at this lol.

There are several types with differs colors and they are nano fish as well so you won't be too close to overstocking if you chose to add another fish as well.

And also, I agree w/ JlSardina, damsels are aggressive, and only get worse with age. I also started off with yellow tails, and honestly, if you could trade them for something else it would be a good idea. Once you get corals in, it can be really hard to get anything back out!

Back
Top Bottom