Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
I still believe this is because your tank is still estbalishing itself. Again, cut the lights. All 64w bulbs on 8 hours max right now you are running 12 hours total. I do not think the moonlights matter. I do not use them so someone else can comment.

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #32
AA Team Emeritus

Yes, cut that light cycle down to 8 hours max for now. The moon lights I assume are blue LED, probably 1w. They are not actinic, just blue. They won't cause any algae growth, but neither will they inhibit it.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to TheRealFF
Ok, my skilter skimmer SUCKS. It skims sooo slow and releases tons and tons of micro bubbles into the tank. Im thinking of upgrading my skimmer to a better one this weekend. Any suggestion on an ideal skimmer for a 29G? Thanks

I've reduced my light cycle to 6hrs/day temporary to get rid of the algae and it seems to be working.

My yellow leather coral got a big tear . I think it was my emerald crab b/c when i picked up the coral to inspect it, the crab was underneath the coral. Should i return him?

My water is still cloudy with lots of particles floating around for some reason. I'll do some more WC this weekend i guess.

FF = Fish Freak

I am one of those reefnuts that are actually nuts!
TheRealFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com