Time to stock 40g breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badambomb79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok just ordered rodi unit so come Monday water should be in tank and hope to begin cycle. Now I would love some opinions on a stock list of reef friendly fish for a 40. Also some cool shrimp as part of a cuc. Thinking pair of clowns a goby or Blenny and then I just don't know lol I'm on liveaquaria a lot bug would like opinions from experienced aquarists

My 40 has a pair of clowns, a dottyback, and a royal gramma for fish, a coral banded shrimp, and misc snails
and hermit crabs.

After the cycle of course lol, a pair of clowns would be good, some get large, choose accordingly. I have a blenny in every tank, they are such characters I have to (and the wife insists lol) firefish, cardinal, gramma, would all be good choices. You do not need a nem for the clowns, and if you do want one, give the tank plenty of time to mature before even trying, or it will likely end in a gooey mess. what are you running for lights, filter, etc? love to see pics. Good luck with the new system, and enjoy

(edit: a cleaner shrimp or two are always crazy fun to watch also, jmo)

Got a fluval 305 for filtration. Gonna try the eBay led light.

Can't comment on the eBay led, like the fluval, I'm stuck on my leds lol, but I like the photons from reefbreeders also if you want another option

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400485292.185988.jpg
Here's the tank with no water and a couple rocks my bro was about to attempt to aquascape it. Plus the diy stand I made for it.

Looks good :) How many lbs of rock do you have?I have been looking at leds for lighting.So much research I feel like I found the right ones for me.
Amazon.com : OceanRevive Built in Timer Arctic-T247 Full Spectrum Dimmable 120W LED Aquarium Light : Pet Supplies and hanging them with Newegg.com - Aquatic Life Single Standard Light Fixture Hanger for Aquarium Lights
Everyone has great suggestions for stocking a 40g.I am planning on Blue/Green Chromis,Purple Firefish and a pair of black and white Clowns for my 40g breeder.Still not to sure about a cuc but I am looking at cleaner shrimp.
Good luck!:fish1:

35# dry 10# live. Those lights looks good and I really like the light hanger. I was gonna use something that screws into the wall to hang the light

Put the shrimp in a stocking and dropped it in the tank I guess I'll pull it out in about 5 days? Not quite sure how to cycle the "right way".

Looks good :) How many lbs of rock do you have?I have been looking at leds for lighting.So much research I feel like I found the right ones for me.
Amazon.com : OceanRevive Built in Timer Arctic-T247 Full Spectrum Dimmable 120W LED Aquarium Light : Pet Supplies and hanging them with Newegg.com - Aquatic Life Single Standard Light Fixture Hanger for Aquarium Lights
Everyone has great suggestions for stocking a 40g.I am planning on Blue/Green Chromis,Purple Firefish and a pair of black and white Clowns for my 40g breeder.Still not to sure about a cuc but I am looking at cleaner shrimp.
Good luck!:fish1:

Nice, I got those same lights for my next build :) Been looking fr a way to mount them and the link you got is perfect.

Nice looking tank so far, will be following along with this!

Here's the new eBay lights and the rocks and sand. Awaiting the fish now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403939087.311256.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I'm not looking forward to coralline taking over everything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom