timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lziarek

Aquarium Advice Freak
anyone know of where I can get a timer that turns on/off every ten minutes? I finally figured out a good set up for my aquarium and could get the benefit of waves with just one timer. Do you think radio shack would have something like this?

How many powerheads are you gonna use to get this wave effect? In your 29g or 55g tank? If in the SW, what's the powersweep not doing for you. Gonna cycle that on and off?

Home Depot or Lowes should have timers that use 4-6 (I'm not sure though) push in or pull out tabs per hour, thereby giving you alternating tabs (on and off) that I assume would give you what you're looking for.

Home Depot sell a digital foe $20. I can't remember the specifics but I have one at home unopend.

The natural wave timer is around $40 I think

I am going to use one powerhead for the wave affect, I have been plugging and unplugging it for the time being to "test". =) I have a nice rotation current established with one of the penguins, the power sweep (which nolonger sweeps =( ) and the filter, basically the current goes up the right hand side across the top down the left hand side and across the bottom. Then I have the other penguin powerhead crossing this path going from back to front at the top of the aquarium, even with the pump on continually it causes some cool swirling currents.

the coralife power center would probably work for you. It has settings for every 15 minutes. It has 4 outlets it runs in a 2 on 2 off cycle. Plus it has other non timed outlets as well!

Back
Top Bottom