Timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirPug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for a timer that I can set for multi on and off times for different socket. I would like my VHO's to come on a hour before my MH and run a hour longer them my MH.
TIA

that won't work. the timer on it simply turns half the power strip on and off, while the other half is always on. the 4 timer'd plugs are tied together, not separate.
plus, it's wicked expensive...$40 at my LFS.
Instead I bought 2 heavy duty 3 prong timers at wal mart for $8 a piece, and a power strip that's wide, not narrow (like the one pictured) for $8, and plugged everything into it.

Exactly malkore! It works great for the Coralife PC/moonlight hoods but not for what you are looking to do! I would get some Wal Mart timers!

You would be better off with 2 single timers. I use the coralife timer for my actinic 03 and moonlights and use a second timer for my daylights.

I agree... remember that you can get timers that allow you to plug powerstrips into them, allowing you to control multiple devices w/ the same timer

The walmart timers I got are kinda sweet. They only go in half hour increments, but each increment is just an on/off toggle...so I can setup any on/off cycle i want, instead of being limited to 2 or 4 of those little clippy things like indoor timers use.

I have a digital timer I am using for my acclimation of the MH's. It can have about 14 programs with separte on/off times and the on/off can be in minute increments.

$20 timer though.

malkore said:
The walmart timers I got are kinda sweet. They only go in half hour increments, but each increment is just an on/off toggle...so I can setup any on/off cycle i want, instead of being limited to 2 or 4 of those little clippy things like indoor timers use.

I have six like that, but they're 15 minute intervals. I got them at Meijer.

I wanted digital timers that could be wired into the ballast plugs and mounted on the canopy...but alas, they were $30 a piece :(

I got my digital timers at Wal-Mart for $14. They work great. I have used the toggle type but they did not keep correct time.

Back
Top Bottom