Tiny lines in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattscheck4

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is currently cycling with live rock. I have the brown algae bloom in full effect right now (not crazy about it, but I know it's just what'll happen). This morning I woke up to find lots of tiny line-looking things in the tank. Any idea what they are? Are they good/bad? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• P1310001.jpg
    P1310001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 79
  • P1310002.jpg
    P1310002.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 79
The brown stull is most likely diatoms. They will go away but I`m having a hard time seeing the lines.

...I`m having a hard time seeing the lines.

Sorry; I've attached photos highlighting the tiny things I was talking about. I let them be today because I haven't heard anything about them being bad yet. They were still there when I got home tonight, but it seemed like there were at least a few less than this morning. Again, thanks for your help. : )

Attachments

• P1310001.jpg
    P1310001.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 75
  • P1310002.jpg
    P1310002.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 65
Heaven help us! Someone pull out the electron microscope! lol jokes. ;) They might be tiny worms but since they haven't moved I doubt it. Other than that I have no idea. :(

They could be Bacteria from the Live rock but also could be tiny worms... I would not worry too much about it just yet unless it gets out of hand...

Back
Top Bottom