Tips/Suggestions for short move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmw8131

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In October I started a salt water tank, which is now a 29 gallon. After a spike in ammonia and ick, I now have one Maroon clown, some goby and pistol shrimp, pepp shrimp, coral banded shrimp, hermits and snails, and also a long tent annenome. I have a sump I have recently created myself, but have yet to start that portion up because of the move. I literally am moving about 10 miles from where I live now and really would like to make this as simple and easy as possible. Starting to think that I could leave the sand in the tank with just a layer of water and put the rock in one bucket and the fish shrimp and snails in another, along with the long tent. Any suggestions or has anyone moved anything similar? Please let me know I'm moving starting Xmas and any ideas would help! Merry Christmas everyone!

Yes I would put livestock and rock in a bucket but I would use new sand. Too much trash in it and will cause a major spike when you restart. New sand and old rock already cured will be a good start.

I moved my 100 gallon 8 miles in november. I had no lifestock , because i was doing an overhaul. I kept my sand covered in water and added more sand after, but kept 50% of the water. The tank recycled, but that wasnt a big concern cuz i had live rock only. I would try to keep as much water as you can to prevent a recycle of the tank. Does your tank have a stand? I moved my tank and stand together in my brothers truck, and filtration , buckets, etc in my truck. Since you have a small tank, that shouldnt be a concern. Happy reefing and merry cristmas!

Back
Top Bottom