To feed or not to feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DurTBear

Aquarium Advice Activist
So everything seems to be progressing nicely. I'm currently experiencing a brown algae/diatom bloom so I've started to add a CUC. I have 3 scarlet reef hermits, 2 dwarf blue-legged hermits, 6 astrea snails, 2 nassarius snails, 1 fighting conch, 1 emerald crab (started to get bubble algae) and a peppermint shrimp (aiptasia control). I also have a couple ricordea mushrooms that I was lucky to get as a freebie from the LFS. Anyway, I was just wondering if I should be feeding the tank anything. I know most of these guys are scavengers and will eat algae and detritus. But should I be supplementing them with anything else? Do I need to feed the ricordea mushrooms anything? I've read various things from not feeding them to giving them frozen mysid shrimp. I was just wondering what everyone's opinion and experiences are. Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah, has anyone experienced emerald crabs eating feather dusters? It's too bad because I liked those little filter feeders. But the emerald just pretty much consumed all of them. He also devoured the caulerpa that I had growing in the tank.

You dont need to feed them much. What are your nitrates as inverts are very suseptable to them. You`ll probably need to do frequent PWC`s to keep nitrates down.

Right now, my nitrates are between 10-20. It's hard to tell because it's just a color chart and the difference is hard to tell. But I'm currently doing 10% PWC's every week.

So I shouldn't feed anyone anything except for continuing to do PWC's?

Back
Top Bottom