To feed the anemones of not to feed the anemones that is the question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My lfs told me I should feed my enemones and flower pot 3 times a week using brine one time and oyster feest the other two. But I keep getting conflicting answers so what do all of you fine ladies and gentlemen think?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd give them pieces of silversides and little chunks of mysis. They should do a good job of eating them. Nothing to large, though, as the food could rot before digesting it. Feed them accordingly to their size.

They are photosynthetic creatures. If you have strong enough lighting to support them, then there is no need to feed them and add unnecessary nitrates and phosphates into your water column. You can feed these creatures, but will most likely end up falling on the double edged sword that is feeding corals and anemones...parameter issues, algae, and eventual tank crash. Does this happen to everyone? No, not those that know exactly what they are doing...but since you don't you will end up overfeeding into the ground. Don't do it.

My light should be good I'm using ai hydra's but you do see where the opinions conflict?

I'm aware where they conflict. But with that lighting, as we've already discussed at one point, is more than enough. Focus on keeping water pristine for the anemone and it'll be fine.

So I did as we disgust and still no change to my anemone of flower pot. I had a guy come and take a peek he did mention that I could get away with feed 1 time a month. He stated that I should try using a bit of amino acids and see if that perks them up. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Back
Top Bottom