To fill you in...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a fifteen fowlr aquarium with about 11 lbs. lr and 20 lbs of live sand. I have two fish, a yellow tail damsel, who against most accounts has been an angel, and a clownfish. I have just a plain hob filter and a small sized clean up crew including a peppermint shrimp. My plan is to get a few more pounds of live rock, an aquaclear filter, reef breeder leds, and i kind of want a apex jr. There is no way in the world i am going to spend the full $230 so I'm wondering if there is anywhere I can get a good discount on it. I'm willing to spend $125 on it. Also anyfeedback on the set up in appreciated. Thanks.

I think that's just an add on to work with the apex. From what I read I don't think it's a stand alone system.

Thanks. is there any places I can get a better price on it?

Apex's are expensive because they are a quality product. Why do you want a controller?

I agree with bigred you will only have like 1-2 things being controlled. Seems kinda pointless to spend the money.

thanks for the responces guys! I want it because I go out of town a lot and I don't trust most people with feeding my sw and turning the lights on for a certain time. would it work with my Korelia 240's?

thanks for the responces guys! I want it because I go out of town a lot and I don't trust most people with feeding my sw and turning the lights on for a certain time. would it work with my Korelia 240's?

An ato and a pill container (the ones that have all the different days) could fix this problem for cheaper. When I go out of town I fill each day up with what I want to be fed to the tank for that day (I have 5 tanks and it works) pop it back in the freezer and all they have to do is thaw it and dump. You can use a cheap digital light timer from Walmart for the lights. Just my $.02

Thanks. I like that idea but i am a control freak and check my temp and salinity a few times a day and test twice a week, so having those would save me time and money in the long run.

You can try looking on some of the big reef forums classifieds. RC, R2R, and NR all have pretty active sales forums

Thanks so much. if there was a most helpful award we'd have a winner.

Back
Top Bottom