To many corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Moyer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know you shouldn't add to many fish to your aquarium. Is it the same way for corals, especially in a biocube 14?

I have a biocube 14for over 4 months. All water parameters are good. Do 2 30% wc a week--since it will be getting warmer and will be spending more time outside, it will probably be once a week. All lighting and filters are stock with one 240 powerhead. I think things are going pretty well.

My purchases include a rock with about 5 red mushrooms, one toadstool, about 5 different zoads, one blue mushroom, xenia, very small Kenya tree.

I also have a clean up crew that includes about 10 snails, 5 small hermits, 1 emarald crab, 1 blue damsel, 2 feather dusters.

Am I over doing it, even though I only have one fish (blue damsel). I like my biocube 14 to look like a really nice reef---lots of corals. Can I add a frogspawn, or is that way to much?

Thanx
Dave

I think you'll be fine personally. Most of your corals are relatively peaceful and the frogspawn will be your only aggressive coral. That said, I don't think the frogspawn will react to anything you currently have so you should be good.

I'm a big fan of going slow on fish and loading up on corals over a period of time. Between the photosynthesis happening and the constant water filtration from the corals, I find the systems I've set up this way settle out much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom